Rigging Technical Artist - Contract
As a Technical Artist - Rigging, you will work in close collaboration with animators, modelers, and the artistic director in order to produce high-quality rigs and tools for animation.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Recognize proper mesh topology as well as repair and/or give feedback to the Modeling Department or outsourcing
- Based on the models provided by the Modeling Department, carry out the rigging and skinning of weapons or characters to meet the needs of project animators and of the technical and artistic directors
- Create and use tools a to produce the best possible results and incorporate them into the project’s game engine
- Implement skeleton control system to foster/simplify the work of animators
- Ensure the final result (rigging/skinning) meets the artistic standards of the project
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- 2+ years experience in video game production or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of Maya
- Knowledge of IK and optimal pivotal points
- Knowledge of the limitations of the game engine and production needs
- Art/Animation degree or equivalent experience
NICE TO HAVE
- Knowledge of Max
- Experience with Motionbuilder
- Experience providing detailed feedback to outsourcing or co-development studios
- Python scripting for Maya/Motionbuilder tools
- Knowledge of Substance Painter and PBR workflows/constraints
- In-depth knowledge of weapons and weapons rigging
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 24 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters