Riot Games Music Group China, Senior Music Product Manager
At Riot, we work every day to make it better to be a player. But being a player doesn't stop at the end of a game anymore. As the gaming landscape continues to collide with entertainment, we're building a new team to bring Riot's IPs to players around the world in new ways, and invite new audiences into the fold. This team will imagine and develop custom IP experiences and products - animation, live action tv series, interactive narratives,virtual idols and music concerts, location-based entertainment, and beyond - that deepen players' and fans' connections to the universe we've created. In collaboration with teams across the organization, this team will aim to show players and the world that entertainment now starts with games.
As the Senior Music Product Manager of RGM China, you’ll report to the Head of Riot Ent China, Content Team and be responsible for the strategy, execution and growth of our current music offerings to meet the growing demand across Entertainment, Games, Publishing, and Esports.
This role will also be responsible for building development and operational pipelines (process, tools, budget, delivery) and managing relevant work efforts between Central and regional teams by directly executing or collaborating with external partners/ vendors. You will work closely with cross-team partners on projects, ensuring RGM’s aligned creative vision is upheld and executed to the highest standard.
- Drive the incubation and production of RGM’s original music products including but not limited to virtual idols, songs/ albums, music festival/ concert, musical etc. Collaborate with team members to help define the quality bar for music-incorporated products.
- Oversee all of the creative and business aspects of the music for projects produced by Riot Ent China’s Film/V projects as well as relevant game products.
- Manage scope of work, timeline and budget for both original and licensed music products.
- Build operational pipelines. Set up and drive alignment for ongoing work-in-progress reviews, feedback sessions and more.
- Vet and establish high quality external partners and vendors, contract resources for projects.
- Manage all third-party material for external licensing of music pieces and generate clearance requests.
- Work closely with Legal to ensure that all Music Library deals are fulfilled contractually.
- Well-versed in numerous musical genres with a thorough understanding of song craft. Great taste, a trend-setter and game-changer.
- 8-10 years as product manager, owning inbucation, production and operations (or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience) of music-related content/ products in Music Label, Music Publishing Group, Music Events Company or Media Industry
- Strong music education background in and abroad.
- Deep passion and experience in development and production, etc.
- Very strong business acumen and results-oriented.
- Great talent outreach in the music community.
- Expert level of communication and collaboration with both internal and external partners.
- Experience owning and managing budgets.
- Highly transparent and nurturing leader with a strong trust-building mindset, 3-5 years experience as people manager
- Works both collaboratively and proactively on multi-functional teams and are open to feedback.
- Experience working in virtual idols, writing camp, music festival/ concert, and/ or musical.
- Experience working at the Music Division of a Game Studio.
- Experience working with Film/ TV Producers, Game Developers, Marketing Teams and other relevant business units
- Experience working with global leading platforms
- For this role, you'll find success through leadership expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players and fans. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games (not only our games but any games) and League Music etc. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, then you are the one!