What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
We are searching for a senior RTL engineer to join the GDDR PHY design team. This is an exciting opportunity to be a member of the Memory IO design team responsible for defining, specifying, and implementing RTL for the next generation of high-speed GDDR and inter-chip IO IP for AMD’s graphics and semi-custom products.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills along with attention to details
- Must be a self-starter, able to drive tasks independently and efficiently to completion
- Strong/effective communication skills
- Enthusiastic team-first mentality
- Ability to provide mentorship and guidance to junior engineers
- Relevant academic background (M. degree preferred) and at least 10 years’ progressive experience
- Define and drive mixed signal acceleration architecture with support from architecture team
- Work with analog mixed signal team to understand circuit implication
- Develop Verilog/System Verilog RTL for digital portion of the feedback control system
- Mentor and provide technical leadership to junior RTL designers within the team
- Create microarchitecture specifications
- Analyze complex digital design problems and propose solutions
- Work with Design Verification team to ensure functional correctness
- Work with Physical Design team to ensure proper implementation of the design
- Recommend improvements, optimization and power saving enhancements
- Support silicon bring-up and diagnostics
- Proven experience in digital design from specification to successful silicon
- Experience in mixed signal high speed control system around DDR, GDDR, HBM, and/or high speed SERDES is a must.
- Experience in designs with multiple power domains
- Experience in designs with multiple clock domains
- Experience in industry standard ASIC CAD tools for simulation, synthesis, STA, CDC, power estimation, etc.
- Experience in advanced semiconductor technologies, preferably FinFET
- At least 10 years’ progressive experience in RTL Design
- Relevant academic background (Master’s degree preferred)
Requisition Number: 166124
Country: United States State: California City: Santa Clara
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.