Script Writer Intern - IRON MAN
Pour visualiser la description de poste en français, veuillez sélectionner le français ("Select Language") dans le menu déroulant au haut de la page
"Motive" is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
Our Motive is to create creative action games within iconic worlds where every player feels like the hero. Let's say that again—iconic worlds, where every player feels like the hero.
Our passion has taken us from imagining dogfighter pilots in Star Wars™: Squadrons, to re-creating Isaac Clarke onboard the Ishimura in Dead Space™, and now to building an original Iron Man action-adventure video game.
You will strike a balance between creative writing, and technical expertise. This includes writing scripted mission dialogue, pacing out gameplay to help tell the story, and contributing to the narrative vision. This is a collaborative position and will require working with all disciplines within the studio to help define how the story integrates with gameplay.
- Develop compelling, engaging, and immersive narrative game experiences.
- Participate in a writer's room where ideas are generated, problems are solved, and details are refined.
- Explore new ways to bring characters to life with a practical approach that blends into, or with gameplay.
- Work with Narrative Leadership to uphold and advocate for the narrative vision of a given project.
- Develop creative, thought-provoking, and captivating storylines for characters and missions.
- Write dialogue that is natural, believable, and reflective of each character's personality.
- Collaborate with designers to create a mission structure that identifies narrative beats and plot lines to support the story.
- Review content to ensure narrative work is integrated into the gameplay experience.
- Work with Tools teams to improve writing workflows and processes.
- Maintain narrative documentation to constantly reflect the latest iterations in the vision.
- Currently enrolled in a related canadian college or university, and returning to school in September 2023
- Have experience with interactive storytelling.
- Knowledge of industry trends and successful intellectual properties
- Plays and has knowledge of modern video games
- Experience in open world and non-linear dialogue for games
- Experience working with and in game engines.