Scriptwriter (R6 Siege)
As a Scriptwriter at Ubi MTL, you will create a foundation of words and ideas to provide players with the freedom to build unique experiences and make meaningful choices.
You develop the embedded and emergent narrative elements that make up a living, breathing, reactive world. Be it a story or gameplay-focused game, you craft content that gives purpose to the people, places, and things within it, and helps players understand what they need to do.
What you’ll do:
• Partner with the narrative and creative directors to understand the overall game vision.
• Brainstorm and research ideas + discuss your findings with collaborative teams.
• Work with other writers, designers, and artists to develop consistent content (plot, setting, characters, barks, dialogue, events, lore, item descriptions, tutorials, etc.).
• Write, write, rewrite, proofread, polish (and repeat).
• Create and maintain narrative documentation (character bios, location descriptions, item names, etc.) to guide cross-functional teams throughout production.
• Revise your work to reflect comments from interdependent teams and changes to gameplay. • Occasionally take part in recording sessions with voice-over actors, and help with marketing projects.
• In certain cases, follow up on your content post-launch and rework it based on player feedback (improve, add, or remove narrative elements).
What you bring:
• A degree in Creative Writing, Literature, Film, or equivalent
• At least 5 years of writing experience or related experience
• Understanding of game design fundamentals and all stages of development
• A highly creative, collaborative, and innovative spirit
• Curiosity, flexibility, and plenty of resourcefulness
• Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
• Ability to adapt to feedback and to improvise
What to send our way:
• Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
• A variety of samples of your best work (attach files or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.