Scriptwriter [Star Wars Project]
On Being a Scriptwriter [Star Wars Project] at Ubisoft Toronto
We’re collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey that will stay with them for years.
As a Scriptwriter at Ubisoft Toronto, you'll join the Narrative team and help create a cohesive and compelling narrative experience.
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time; Toronto, Ontario; Hybrid, flexible work environment
We kindly ask you to apply with your CV, cover letter and portfolio in English (2-3 writing samples that showcase your strongest work, and a longer/screenplay sample with ~10 pages or less. See our portfolio tips here). Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted
The daily life of a Scriptwriter [Star Wars Project] at Ubisoft Toronto
- Writing compelling cinematic scenes;
- Writing item and quest log descriptions that expand the lore;
- Researching and writing narrative elements to anchor a compelling narrative within an existing IP;
- Writing both scripted and systemic dialogue;
- Developing character arcs and story beats through dialogue and other narrative éléments;
- Revising and editing dialogue to ensure quality and consistency;
- Providing feedback on dialogue and the story;
- Collaborating with relevant internal teams, such as narrative design, audio, animation, level design, and AI;
- Mentoring more junior colleagues;
What it takes to make it
You have a passion for interactive storytelling and a background in games, film, TV, or theater. Your deep knowledge of writing compelling stories in close collaboration with other disciplines makes you a natural at creating immersive worlds full of lore and exciting adventures. Your creativity knows no limits, but you also understand the value of a good brief, meeting deadlines, and know constructive feedback, both when you give and receive it in a dynamic and flexible environment.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience crafting and developing stories, writing dialogue and various other content from concept to completion within a large production
- (Ideally larger scale stories and/or key quest or mission content for AAA games);
- Experience working in a writers' room or similar collaborative environment;
- Ability to follow an established style guide and rules of usage;
- Ability to communicate complex narrative ideas to stakeholders from other disciplines;
- Experience with a non-linear narrative structure is preferred;
- Strong copy-editing skills are essential;
- A hybrid, flexible work model
- Six weeks of vacation
- An enhanced parental leave program
- Comprehensive Total Rewards Package:
- Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Extended medical insurance
- (Optional) RRSP contribution
- Relocation Assistance
- Bonus (If Applicable)
Life at Ubisoft
At Ubisoft Toronto, we look for people who are excited to create the future of games in one of the most diverse cities in the world. We believe that embracing our individuality helps us build stronger creative teams and develop better games for all players.
When you’re a member of our team, your professional development is a priority. You’ll have opportunities to be challenged, learn and grow in your role. Pushing the boundaries of what’s possible within game development while working with Ubisoft’s most powerful technologies – from game engines to performance capture and more. Annual performance reviews and salary increases will help you further your career and grow with our studio. We also offer hybrid remote work options, six weeks of vacation for all employees, an enhanced parental leave program, a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training and career development.
We celebrate the big and small moments together – with virtual events, get togethers, giveaways and more. In addition to our “right to disconnect” philosophy, the studio offers a variety of health and wellness initiatives including yoga, an on-site gym, flexible work hours, and other programs to create a better, sustainable work environment for our teams.
We encourage you to read our Code of Conduct prior to applying. It is our collective responsibility at Ubisoft Toronto to maintain a respectful and inclusive work environment, and be the best possible place to work and grow. Knowing and respecting our Code of Conduct’s principles and guidelines is key to achieving that goal.
At Ubisoft Toronto, we believe diversity is our studio’s biggest strength. We’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace that reflects the diversity of our player community, is inclusive and respectful of the individuality of our team and embodies our core values – trust, integrity, excellence and care.
We encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, neurodivergent people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for?
Ubisoft Toronto is committed to providing accommodations for accessibility upon request.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.