Scrum Master [Ubisoft Connect] (f/m/d)
We are looking for a Scrum Master (Project Manager) to help the project with creating empowered teams following agile methodologies.
The Scrum Master supports the team’s effectiveness by enabling the team to improve its practices, coaching the team members, facilitating meetings, and encouraging collaboration and autonomy.
As a Scrum Master, you will be responsible for organizing and coordinating the day-to-day work of one or two agile teams. You are working closely with the Product Owner within the team to guide and define the way the team is working.
In this role, you will be part of the full development process, from idea to released product. You will facilitate and support small teams in production, enabling them to produce and deliver efficiently. This means create an environment of direct communication, feedback and collaboration. Similar roles in software development would be Project Manager or Agile Coach.
We constantly look to improve processes, collaboration and communication, in order to become more effective. You will be the key in identifying pain-points, facilitate learning and drive change. Our processes and mindset stems from Agile principles and values, and DevOps culture.
- Be part of Agile Teams as the Scrum Master (Agile Coach/Project Manager).
- Facilitate sprint planning, Daily Scrums, Retrospectives, Workshops, Sprint Reviews and Refinements.
- Help create a culture where people can work effectively and efficiently.
- Collaborate with other teams within Ubisoft on combined efforts.
- Communicate with the developers to facilitate their work on the project.
- Report on the status of tasks and schedules.
- Help teams shape their deliverables.
- Monitor and track deadlines, tasks and risks.
- Communicate tasks and schedules to the team.
- Support the Product Owner with backlog management: supporting refinement and planning, and ensuring clarity for the whole team.
- Report on the team’s progress and blockers.
- Identifies and removes as much as possible the impediments among the team.
- Document and maintain project information.
- Help the team staying focused and ensure the well-being of the team in a safe and trustful environment.
You as a person
You are a strong communicator and easily get your point across in English through different channels (face-to-face, video call, Slack, e-mail etc.). You’ll be collaborating with a lot of different people from all over the world, so knowing your way around different cultures and being able to build relationships easily is important. To succeed in this role, you will always put the team first and you will trust and support your colleagues.
We believe you’re good at finding creative solutions to complex problems and taking initiatives to improve yourself and help others. You respect structure and processes, but know when to challenge them in order to improve.
You’re a team player that likes to innovate, experiment and learn new things, caring about the journey as much as the goal.
- 3+ years professional experience as a Scrum Master, or in Project Management / Production coordination within software development in the gaming or another creative industry.
- Good knowledge in Scrum Methodology
- You are eager to learn new methods, techniques and tools for project management and to make use of them.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple international teams.
- You are keen in analysing project plans and the actual progress.
- Good English, both written and verbal.
- University degree in Business Administrations, Project Management or any other equivalent.
- Relocation and Visa Support
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and 11 bank holidays
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games and all games on Ubisoft Connect for PC
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€
- All Legal residents of Germany are entitled to free public healthcare
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further Information about Ubisoft Connect: https://news.ubisoft.com/en-gb/article/5WaWQWz9l9qWkIU4tm04ip/how-ubisoft-connect-builds-on-a-decade-of-online-evolution
For further information about Ubisoft Düsseldorf, please also check https://duesseldorf.ubisoft.com/en/