Section Manager Test Engineering - 161843
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Section Manager Test Engineer
AMD’s Server BIOS QA team is looking for a highly talented Section Manager Test Engineer with strong leadership and communication skills to lead our Server BIOS QA Team. Candidate must be passionate about improving software quality and experience as a technical lead or people manager.
- Planning and testing firmware in an automated/manual test environment
- Coordinate with peers leading similar teams
- Develop and drive detailed workflow for test execution
- Closely interact with firmware developers and ASIC Design team in new feature definition and bring up for future product generation
- Improve customer satisfaction and product quality by increasing firmware test coverage and efficiency
- Accountable on time delivery of deliverables
- Involves collaboration on or assuming the consultative or leadership responsibilities for a specific project or for product development initiatives
- Is required to deal with internal groups on behalf of the group or project
- Has accountability for results in a particular area of work
- Accountability for a team of engineers related to projects (2-5), (e.g., be involved in any of the following activities: interview and selection, day-to-day supervision and mentoring).
- Builds and leverages trusting relationships with stakeholders
- Mentors, develops team members, and conducts yearly reviews
- Prior experience managing people and technical teams
- Solid knowledge of software/firmware test plans targeting Linux or Windows environments
- Solid knowledge of PC architecture
- Solid knowledge of BIOS/Firmware interfaces (UEFI, ACPI, SMBIOS) or Windows and Linux kernel as a plus
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years of relevant working experience in test automation, software QA or software devolopment
Bachelors Degree required
Requisition Number: 161843
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Reliability & Test
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.