As a member of the Security & Risk Management team, the security researcher performs security audits on Ubisoft games and services to ensure their resilience against various threats. By joining SRM, you will be part of a global team of 80+ passionate security professionals across our many studios and will participate in providing a safe and secure environment in your domain of expertise, allowing Ubisoft to achieve its business objectives. Join us and empower SRM to remain a world-class reference for the entire gaming industry.
- Act as a technical expert regarding security matters related to every game security aspect such as antipiracy, anti-cheat, game exploits;
- Research vulnerabilities in Ubisoft games and suggest appropriate mitigation;
- Reverse engineer existing software exploits taking advantage of our online games;
- Produce technical game security guidelines for game development teams;
- Evaluate and participate in the implementation of security protections within game clients and game servers;
- Perform code security audits to detect security weaknesses;
- Prioritize corrective measures and assist development teams in fixing those issues;
- Communicate efficiently technical security requirements to project stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of static and dynamic analysis methods on executables, proprietary file formats, proprietary network protocols;
- Experience with process instrumentation methods;
- Knowledge of software design and C++ optimization;
- Good knowledge of operating internal systems (Windows/Linux/iOS/Android), compilers and linkers, COFF/PE/ELF binary formats;
- Good understanding of software exploitation and modern software protection techniques;
- Good understanding of common security issues in online games, cheating techniques and anti-cheat solutions with possible bypasses;
- Be autonomous using strong analytical and organizational skills for problem solving in a creative thinking mindset;
- Bilingual French and English is required both orally and written.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.