Senior Technical Animator
We are looking for a Senior Technical Animator to join the Gameplay Animation team. Working tightly with Animators, Riggers, Coders and Designers, the person in this position is responsible for the animation part of gameplay mechanics. That includes in-game implementation, optimization, maintenance, debugging and setting assets requirements, in order to reach the best looking visual results.
You’re probably wondering what it's like to be an animator at CD PROJEKT RED. Well, it’s refreshingly different! We’re giving our animators a lot of freedom in terms of creativity – we have our own motion capture studio and animate everything in-house. You’ll have a shot not only at animating humanoids and animals, but also machines and creatures that are a real challenge to bring to life. At RED, every animator is responsible for a piece of the project, so you feel you’re a a part of things. If you’ve been looking for change, you just found it!
- In-game implementation and optimization of gameplay animation features and assets in cooperation with Gameplay Animators and Designers.
- Developing and improving in-game animation systems and tools in cooperation with Animation Programmers.
- Prototyping the visual part of new gameplay mechanics in cooperation with Gameplay Animators and Designers.
- Animation assets updates using Maya, MotionBuilder or Python batch tools.
- Participation in Motion Capture sessions in order to keep the acting performance within the gameplay requirements.
- Establishing and maintaining animation workflow, folders, naming conventions, and engine-related structures.
- At least 3 years of experience on a similar position.
- Good communication and problem solving skills.
- Shipped titles and/or own prototypes and researches in one of the major game engines.
- Knowledge of next-gen game animation systems architecture.
- Animation graphs techniques - State machines, Blend Trees, Blendspaces and Procedural Animation constructions.
- Experience with keyframe animation and motion capture data, animation principles and body mechanics.
- Basic knowledge of Coding and/or Scripting. (C++, C#, Python), to be able to read and update game code and scripts.
- Passion for making games.
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — employee store discounts at CD PROJEKT RED Gear, gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag!
Health & Well-being
- Private medical healthcare — a selection of medical plans with dental care to choose from, which are also accessible for your partner and relatives.
- Support during COVID-19 — regular tests and COVID vaccinations at the studio as well as professional advice and guidance from a specialist doctor.
- Psychological care — free mental health support and various well-being webinars.
- Multisport card — gain access to a wide number of sporting and fitness facilities across the city.
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Healthy selections — organic fruit, snacks, muesli, organic honey, vegan milk, and specialty coffee are all at your disposal around the studio. Enjoy!
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world.
- Sustainable campus with an eco ethos — solar panels provide green energy, 2000 plants and an air-filtering system to help provide clean air, electric car charging points, flower meadows, and more green features in the works.
- An onsite, well-equipped gym with a climbing wall and a personal trainer available every day and pilates classes.
- Car and bike parking spaces.
- A designated space for your bicycle, as well as bicycle repair equipment and showers available whenever you need them.
- No dress-code — we like to keep it casual.
- Relocation package – flight ticket, company apartment for your first month, relocating your pet, shipping your belongings: it’s all covered. Who said moving countries needs to be complicated?
- Relocation assistance — processing your legalization operations for you, assistance with finding residence, tax settlements, helping out with translations if needed, and much more — we have dedicated teams to help make sure that all you need to feel right at home is taken care of.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees — and for your spouse or partner, too.
- Paid Leave — from 20 to 26 days of holiday for every team member per year, paid sick leave, and paid maternity & paternity leave.