Senior 3D Character Artist
Are you passionate about crafting world class, groundbreaking, stylized characters on a large scale? If so, we're looking for an enthusiastic character artist to join a highly qualified development team crafting a creative Unity experience. We are looking for applications from intermediate and senior level character artists who are in search of a new challenge.
In the next 4-12 months, you would be defining, shaping, and supporting the delivery of stylized real-time characters for client facing projects alongside a hard-working team at the top of their game!
You will be collaborating with leadership and the wider team to evolve and define the vision of the characters in the experience. This will include pushing the boundaries of what is possible using Unity and real-time 3D!
What you’ll be doing
- Building stylized characters and accessories from start to finish, from high-res sculpt to in-engine model.
- Crafting game topology, UV’s, bakes and textures.
- Collaborating with riggers and animators to ensure that characters deform and animate well.
- Maintaining high-quality standards across the entire character art pipeline.
What we’re looking for
- High proficiency of a major 3D software (Maya preferred), Z-Brush, Substance Painter and Marmoset Toolbag.
- Outstanding sculpting, high-res and low-poly modelling skills, as well as validated skill with texture and shader creation within a PBR pipeline
- Proven understanding of anatomy, design and color usage
- Ability to build believable characters that are full of life and personality using strong organic modelling skills (human faces, clothing, accessories, believable creatures)
- An interest in leading junior artists to be great team members
You might also have
- Unity experience
- Strong hard-surface modelling skills
- Experience mentoring junior artists
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
#INT #SEN #LI-JL2