Senior 3D Programmer (F/H/NB)
As a Senior 3D Programmer on our Beyond Good & Evil 2 development team, you will provide insight and guidance across the 3D spectrum to connect with our players on two of the most critical aspects of a AAA game: its visuals and its performance.Whether your expertise lies with visuals or low-level systems, you’re a go-to person for information and a reference throughout our studios.
What you will do:
- Write code customized to the hardware you’re working with
- Provide support to content creators, meeting often to assess their needs and vision + discuss limitations
- Improve existing graphical features and inspire the development of new ones
- Anticipate complex problems and propose adapted solutions, considering the entire production pipeline
- Stay up to date on the latest tech trends and techniques + recommend our best practices
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Various graphics programming experiences (for video-game consoles a huge plus) or related experience
- Proficiency in C++
- Analytical and mathematical skills
- Knowledge of GPUs, HLSL, and modern graphics APIs
- Understanding of game engines and their limitations
- A thorough grasp of memory management & multithreaded programming techniques
- Solid interpersonal and presentation skills & the ability to clearly communicate cross-departmentally
- A long-term approach to problem-solving (if the solution isn’t sustainable, it simply won’t do)
- A collaborative and innovative spirit
- Willingness to continue learning – new technologies, engines, rendering techniques, programming languages, you name it
· Phone Interview
· Interview with our internal teams
· Final interview with the project manager
If your application is not retained, you will receive a negative answer. According to the sanitary measures related to COVID-19, all interviews will be held by visioconference and every employee can partially work from home.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal informations will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.