Senior Accountant, Controllership
Job Title: Senior Accountant, Controllership
Experience: 8-10 years
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana
This position is part of Hyderabad Controllership team managing North America GL accounting and reporting activities. Required to work in afternoon / evening shifts from 2:30 PM to 11:30 PM by reporting to Manager, Controllership on day to day basis. The position is based out of Hyderabad and responsible for US and Canada general ledger accounting that includes Accounting for Leases, Fixed Assets, Hedges and Derivatives, Accruals, Prepaids, Month over Month Flux Analysis, Maintaining Balance Sheet Schedules and Balance Sheet Reconciliations. Knowledge on BEA Surveys will be an added advantage. Should be able to support other team members according to the business needs in carrying out the responsibilities of the team.
Key Responsibilities of this Role:
• Should have at least 8 to 10 years of prior experience in General Ledger Accounting process.
• Preparation of journal entries in line with US GAAP, Journal entry policy and SOX requirements.
• Own end to end and deal with complex accounting topics like Leases, Fixed Assets, CIP, Hedge Allocations, Derivatives, etc.,
• Manages balance sheet accounts by reconciling transactions in Trintech Cadency Certification and Prepares Analytical Balance Sheet Schedules explaining variance drivers.
• Ability to deep dive with minimal support and resolve the reconciling items month over month.
• Ability to adapt to flexible work schedules, plan, prioritize and absorb ad hoc activities in accordance to dynamic business requirements and ensure no deficiencies in the work performed.
• Complete assistance during audit including but not limited to process walk-through for internal audit, SOX, and external auditors by providing appropriate documentation / support
• Evaluates, recommends, and implements changes to all processes impacting the GL scope to simplify while improving transparency.
• Ability to learn quickly and lead independently with minimal supervision.
• Thrive to maintain the most up to date process documents.
• Able to be socialize and take part of Employee resource groups, Social initiatives etc., irrespective of the work model Desired Candidate Profile:
• Semi Qualified Chartered Accountant/B.Com/M.Com/MBA with a minimum of 8 to 10 years of relevant work experience.
• Advanced accounting and financial skills required. Hunger to apply accounting principles and practices. Experience in USGAAP concepts is must.
• Hands on experience on Oracle R12 and Trintech Cadency Certification is preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to be adaptable and flexible, meet deadlines and work well in a team.
• Excellent organizational, problem solving and communication skills. Attention to detail and accuracy a must.
• Customer focused, ability to adapt to changing schedules and multiple work plans with moderate supervision.