EA’s CFO organization comprises a broad group of finance disciplines. Our common goal is partnership with business teams delivering strategies and providing our players with amazing experiences. All of our finance teams assist the business in achieving profitable creativity by providing financial insight, reporting and guidance.
We use progressive tools to analyze and visualize data, telling the story of financial drivers, performance, risks and opportunities. We value attributes like collaboration and learning. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
Corporate accounting’s mission is to create shareholder value through integrity, leadership and business partnership. Our primary responsibility is to prepare and report the worldwide consolidated financial statements to senior management and to shareholders through press releases and earnings calls. Additional responsibilities include accounting consultation to internal partners, assisting with acquisitions, system improvements and other special projects.
As a Senior Accountant, you will have a broad range of responsibilities involving many aspects of the monthly, quarterly and year end close processes for North America. You will assist and lead Corporate Accounting projects and the development of process efficiencies. You will report to a Manager, Corporate Accounting & Reporting, Canada. You will promote excellence throughout EA and through the following important responsibilities:
- Perform close activities including:
- Journal entry preparation for complex, high profile transactions (tax credits, FA/CIP, FX Settlements etc…);
- Review and preparation of reconciliations;
- Overseeing and coordinating aspects of the close calendar; and
- Preparing and reporting on close schedules to the Controllership team including presenting key aspects of the balance sheet.
- Provide accounting and general ledger business partner support; act as a liaison to selected business groups across finance (i.e., FPA, SEC reporting, Hyderabad GL, Treasury, Revenue, AR, etc.)
- Develop and maintain External Audit and SOX documentation as it relates to the role, acting as liaison between external auditors and business partners during quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Identify process improvements with emphasis on streamlining and/or improving controls within accounting. Further striving for Global Standardization.
- Conduct monthly review, analyses, and presentation for select areas for North America and Global Balance Sheets.
- Produce standard and ad-hoc reporting to analyze trends vs. prior quarter and prior year for the statement of operations and the balance sheet
- Prepare memos/whitepapers on accounting issues as required
- Facilitate the compilation of EA Inc.’s balance sheet FX hedging forecasts to Treasury and performs analytics to bridge forecasts to actuals.
- Spend a portion of time on projects (e.g., globally aligning EA’s accounting practices, improving documentation, building more robust analytical reporting)
Technical skills and experience
- B.S. in Accounting or equivalent, CPA preferred
- 4+ years relevant financial accounting experience
- Ability to effectively coordinate with Global teams (including offshore teams)
- Working knowledge of US GAAP accounting and reporting
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, experience with large data sets)
- Experience with Oracle R12, Power BI, Hyperion Financial Management a plus