Senior Analog Design Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Job Title: Signal Integrity and Power Integrity Engineer
The Packaging Signal Integrity/Power Integrity engineering team ensures that the electrical performance requirements of the silicon and the cost requirements of the product are met through the integration of silicon, package and platform electrical design. Packaging Signal Integrity/Power Integrity team also provides design support to engineering design teams for both current and forward looking product development and feasibility studies.
- Focus on the electrical design, modeling, simulation and characterization of high-speed signal propagation and power delivery networks in AMD products. You will work in close collaboration with AMD coworkers and customers to ensure optimal engineering design decisions and efficient problem solving, including:
- Using simulations to ensure packaging and PCB's are designed well and meet required speeds.
- Review layouts to determine any areas that require additional refinement.
- Extract models for package, PCB and Sockets from vendors, collecting standardized models if available, and running through simulation.
- Run channel simulations to generate performance numbers; evaluating those numbers against the spec.
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of SI/PI fundamentals and hands-on experience in modeling complex structures such as packages, PCB boards.
- Experience with PCB, Package and IC level power delivery networks
- Experience in silicon packaging and PCB design for signal and power integrity
- Experience with high-speed digital signaling interfaces such as PCIe, G/LP/DDRx, HDMI, USB and etc.
- Expertise in electrical modeling EDA and AMS tools such as HFSS, SIwave, HSPICE
- Knowledge of electromagnetic theory and circuit analysis
- Basic knowledge in Python, Matlab or other engineering computing languages
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and results
- Ability to collaborate and work harmoniously with others
- Ability to work independently
Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering or equivalent.
Markham, ON, Canada
Requisition Number: 162421
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.