Senior Analyst, Call of Duty Finance & Strategy
Job Title:Senior Analyst, Call of Duty Finance & Strategy
Activision is seeking a Senior Analyst to drive the Call of Duty business with a specific focus on digital full game revenue across console and PC. This role is centered around projecting and managing the day-to-day performance of our premium titles’ digital unit sales and promotional pricing efforts. This is a dynamic role which will collaborate and be a key partner across our finance, strategy, product management, commercial, and analytics organizations.
Every single day as a Senior Financial Analyst is different. On any one day you might:
- Perform analysis (inclusive of promotions, free trials, conversions, etc.) across all titles, platforms, SKUs, and regions to help shape and advise the product & commercial strategy for Call of Duty
- Partner with the Call of Duty finance leaders to drive commercial strategy (inclusive of SKU planning and pricing strategy)
- Contribute to live season go-to-markets, commercial reviews, and business unit performance updates
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including finance, strategy, marketing, and game development, to evaluate new business opportunities, assess risks, and recommend strategies to improve revenue and profitability
- Supervise and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess the success of central initiatives and make data-driven recommendations for improvements
- Prepare and present financial reports (annual, in-year, long range), and cases to senior management and partners to support strategic discussions and decisions
The key qualifications for the role include:
- 2-4 years of experience, ideally in investment banking, equity research, or revenue management within a similar industry
- Strong understanding of financial concepts, financial modeling, and financial statement analysis; ideally with a history in consumer internet/entertainment
- Experience working with large sets of data and familiarity with best practices for data cleanliness/integrity
- Ability to set priorities, meet targets and manage projects.
- History of cross functional work with positive relationship management & collaboration
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze complex data and provide useful recommendations
- Strong eye for business and ability to understand and analyze market trends, consumer behavior, and competitive landscape in the video game industry
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Interest in video games or entertainment
- Hybrid Role (Location: Santa Monica, California)
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet.
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $72,720.00 - $134,460.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.