Senior Analyst - Studio Strategy & Operations
Job Title:Senior Analyst - Studio Strategy & Operations
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
We are a lean, versatile, and highly strategic team, passionate about our content and creative talents. We take pride in making an outsized impact and helping plan for the future, while proactively finding opportunities to help our creative talents do their absolute best work.
The Studio Strategy and Operations team is part of the broader Call of Duty development group (which also includes all COD studios, production management, and publishing ops) and dual reports into the Head of COD Development/Studios and the COO. The team works closely with Activision’s top executive team to help craft the long-term content and studio resourcing strategy for our franchise.
We are responsible for overseeing the strategic resourcing and long-term plans for all Activision studios (Infinity Ward, Treyarch, Sledgehammer Games, High Moon Studios, Raven, Beenox, Toys for Bob, Shanghai Studio, and central teams). Among other things, we also manage and complete ad hoc, highly strategic development initiatives that are of critical importance to the business.
In the past, some examples of our mandates include long-range game content resource planning, international studio expansion, Warzone-specific strategy, game mode content investment analyses, external development assessments, and other high impact, high visibility work.
Activision is looking for a highly motivated, team-oriented, and strategically minded individual to join the Studio Strategy and Operations team. This role, as part of a uniquely lean team, is an integral and high impact position at Activision, the team behind Call of Duty (which includes the storied Modern Warfare, Black Ops and Warzone franchises) and other award-winning titles.
You will partner with our world-class studios, as well as our central organization, to develop resourcing and investment strategies, build the analytical support and documentation to align key partners across the organization, and drive the execution and subsequent improvement of those strategies across multiple partners. This role is anticipated to be assigned as a hybrid work model position, with some work on-site at an Activision Blizzard office and some work remote.
Priorities may often change in a fast-paced environment such as ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following key responsibilities:
- Support studio planning and strategy efforts across internal studio and central teams;
- Manage the collection, planning, and ongoing reporting for external development resource tracking and approval decisioning;
- Own the monthly resource forecast update and reporting process for select internal studios;
- Support the development and delivery of accurate and timely business updates to leadership;
- Partner with Studio Finance to assist in the quarterly and long-range financial forecast planning process;
- Develop and foster an analytical culture using historical and current operational data to drive impactful resourcing and investment decisions; and
- Assist in ad hoc strategic or operational projects that may arise from time to time.
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, statistics, or a related field;
- 2+ years of proven experience in consulting, investment banking, business operations, or corporate strategy/finance;
- Top-tier proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint, with a strong attention to detail and ability to synthesize complex analyzes and issues;
- Strong personal presence and persuasive communication skills;
- Proven experience in working with cross-functional teams with differing priorities;
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated success in developing new processes and improving existing ones;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and willingness to operate with flexibility; and
- A passion for video games and the video game industry.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $92,920.00 - $171,814.00 Annual. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all U.S. locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role’s range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.