(Senior) Animation Rigger[Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora]
The Animation Rigger will have to ensure the creation/implementation of the highly versatile rigging systems, animation tools and interfaces for the execution of all specific video game projects.
You will be fully empowered with close collaborations together with the Lead Animation and Technical Directors, in defining the rig requirements and the maintenance of all 3D characters’ throughout the animation process.
What you will do:
- Develop the rigging workflow, pipeline and design the documentation for your team.
- Develop and improve the tools, procedures for the streamlining of an efficient animation pipeline.
- Provide knowledge and solutions for complex rigging, animation and shading pipeline problems. Animate and create Motion editing within a complex animation system.
- Hands-on approach in rigging of a variety of characters and props.
What you should be equipped with:
- Proven working experience and a keen eye for motion and animation in videogame.
- Working knowledge of rigging in 3DSMAX, Maya,
- Working experience of Motion builder, and/or other commercial 3D authoring packages.
- Extensive scripting experience with Python, Mel and/or Max script.
- Team player, good communication skills, functional English proficiency.
- Good knowledge of game engines would be a big plus.
Benefits and Perks from Ubisoft Shanghai:
- Future of Work framework: flexible hours and up to 8 days of working remotely per calendar month
- A minimum of 15 days paid annual leave
- Monthly meal and snack allowance
- Premium medical insurance plan and free annual health check
- Game Package: free access to Ubisoft games on PC plus a rich and expanding library of games & books
- Employee Assistance Program: wellbeing solutions, emotional support, and life coaching
- 10+ staff clubs featuring weekly sports and gaming activities and events
Best way to apply:
- Due to visa issues, this position is only open to graduates with Chinese nationality currently .