Red Storm Entertainment is looking for a Senior Animator to join our multidisciplinary and international team, where active communication and collaboration is crucial, and where people are eager to achieve the best player experience possible together.
As a Senior Animator, you will help drive the development of the animation pipeline including, but not limited to, character combat, locomotion, interactivity & NPC state-driven machines, overall character animation development, and direction using motion capture hardware and software.
We welcome people working in our Cary studio or remotely within the continental US.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Execute animations with a keen eye for quality while maintaining consistency across the entire project.
- Provide mentorship and knowledge-share with other animators
- Be self-directed; work independently and collaboratively with team members to solve animation challenges.
- Communicate and collaborate with all members of the production and development team, helping to establish and maintain team culture
- Accurately estimate your work and expected development times while making smart tradeoffs between quality and pace.
- Be involved in the creation of motion lists and directing/operating motion capture shoots.
- Identify priorities and gaps in current animation sets and animation graphs and contribute/iterate on creative solutions.
- Be diligent in ensuring quality of work amongst yourself and your peers
- Coordinate with the QA department to identify, call out, and ensure visual animation inconsistencies are logged.
- Take ownership of assignments and proactively identify new tasks to tackle
- Advocate the player experience (3Cs) and work with design on the future of the projects combat.
- Help identify and assess long term career plans for those within the department
- Act as the voice/representative of the animation department in planning meetings, advocating for what is best for the department as well as the game.
- 5+ years of game development experience as an Animator in games or equivalent.
- A leadership mindset with a proven ability to work with a team first mentality.
- A strong eye for quality and are always seeking to improve.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills – able to interact with team members of different disciplines and personality types.
- An ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Ability to conceptualize, present, and execute ideas to the team/animation department at a high level.
- Must have previous experience with Maya or Max.
It is a bonus if you have:
- Motionbuilder experience - however, we will provide training.
- Animation graph knowledge.
- A desire to grow into a leadership role.
- Proven experience animating for a AAA production from conception through release.
- Experience with Xsens Motion Capture technology.
- Portfolio showing a wide range of work.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Heavily subsidized paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
- Paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance.
- 401(k) plan with match
- New hires start with 3 weeks of vacation annually, increasing to a cap of 5 weeks based on years of service along with 3 additional weeks of wellness time
- 10 paid holidays (and we’re closed the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day)
- 12 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Body-Mind-Soul monthly reimbursement program for eligible activities.
- Strong, incentivized, employee referral program.
- Flexible work schedule
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
MORE ABOUT US
Ubisoft’s 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Red Storm Entertainment and Ubisoft are committed to making our own active contribution to global carbon neutrality. In September 2020, we implemented a long-term commitment called Play Green acts on two key priorities:
Reduce the company’s carbon footprint by decarbonizing our direct operations on 4 levers: transition to renewable energy, efficiency, self-restraint and shift towards low carbon alternatives. Inspire team members, partners and players by raising awareness our stakeholders and encouraging positive action for the climate and the environment.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters.