The Senior Animator [The Settlers] (f/m/d) is responsible for bringing to life the characters and creatures of our games with stunning, high quality animations.
· Animate characters and motion edit Mocap data within complex animation systems
· Collaborate with the Art Director to create animations that fit to the visual style of the project
· Provide knowledge and solutions for animation problems
· Set up complex animation state machines
· Provide skinning for complex characters
· Cooperation with other Ubisoft teams all around the world on a daily basis
· Provide support and advice for artists
· 5 years’ experience as an Animator in game development with a strong understanding of rigging, skinning, keyframe animation, motion capturing and procedural animation.
· Proven experience on at least one shipped title
· Working knowledge of Maya, Motion Builder, 3DSMAX, and/or other commercial 3D authoring packages.
· A keen eye for motion, weight, timing and animation.
· Being able to work with a complex animation system and complex animation state machines
· Able to create content fitting to the project’s animation style and work within those limitations.
· Understand typical workflows and tools in animation production with the ability to modify and improve them.
· Be forward thinking and anticipate the needs of your project.
· High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
· Great communication skills and a positive attitude
· Fluent in English, both verbally and written
· Experience with Motion editing and handling Mocap Data in Motion Builder is a plus
· Experience as modeler and/or texture artist a plus
· Rigging experience is a plus
· Being an avid gamer is a plus
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
· Examples of character animation (full body motion, emotions etc.)
· Examples of animation style variety
· Examples of environment animation or visual effects
· Examples of animation rigs and their functionality in a 3D package
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal.
The application must include your resume, portfolio, and a cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, salary expectations and motivation