Senior Anti-Cheat Engineer, Amazon Games
Mar 30, 2023
San Diego, United States
- 5+ years in C++ professional software development
- 3+ years contributing to the architecture and design of anti-cheat systems
- 5+ years of experience with reverse engineering and development tools (VS, IDA, WinDbg, etc)
Key job responsibilities
- Architect, develop, and maintain a software pipeline for detecting and preventing cheats on PC game clients
- Work closely with gameplay engineers and designers to ensure systems are developed with cheat prevention in mind
- Stay one step ahead of the emerging cheats and exploits, preemptively identifying ways to defeat them
- Reverse engineer existing cheats and determine applicable vectors for their detection
- Keep up to date on new Windows features and changes, utilizing or complying with them as necessary
About the team
Anti-Cheat is a new initiative at Amazon Games focused on protecting the player experience by building and iterating on novel software solutions explicitly designed to make cheaters too miserable to keep cheating. Leveraging Amazon's platform and compute super powers, we're building an industry-leading, multi-game anti-cheat from the ground up. You'll ultimately work with a cross-discipline team of engineers and data scientists to enforce a level playing field for all players.
- Deep technical understanding of Windows processes, memory, and the native API
- Familiar with Windows kernel and driver development
- Experience reading and writing low-level assembly (x86/64)
- Experience with off-the-shelf anti-cheat products (like EAC or Battleye)
- Knowledgeable in techniques for obfuscating data at runtime
- Well-honed reverse engineering skills, both static and dynamic analysis
- Successful history in developing anti-cheat technologies in multiplayer titles
- Passion for games and a high degree of customer obsession
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $134,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $261,500/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.