Senior Apparel Visual Designer
Riot Visual Designers seek to craft the best player experiences through their knowledge of graphic design, layout, typography, color theory, and the aesthetics of the Riot Games brands. Designers collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams and act as a design problem solver to elevate the design of Riot apparel and accessories for players around the world.
As a Senior Apparel Visual Designer on the Consumer Products team, you will use your amazing design skills to create original and innovative apparel that takes into account trends and consumer insights while understanding gamer fashion and drop culture.Your craft expertise will bring our iconic characters of our various IPs to life through the understanding of trends, apparel production processes, and seasonality in collaboration with the greater Consumer Products team. You should have a passion for gaming and fashion culture, with the ability to articulate product relevance, timing and thinking behind collections. You should have demonstrated experience in the fashion industry and be able to think big picture about collections, presenting your ideas internally and externally to different teams and stakeholders. You will report to the Senior Manager of Creative Development on Softlines to execute at a high quality standard against larger business objectives and Creative strategies, while being able to work collaboratively and flexibly on shifting priorities and timelines.
- Manage styles from concept to completion including but not limited to selection of fabrics, trims, fittings, fit issues, construction methods, and pattern development
- Create patterns, icons, and vector assets with an emphasis in apparel design
- Create artwork with storytelling at its core, or help drive direction of artwork that will be utilized for product, sketching collections from blue sky and adapting to final production
- Staying aware of trends, colors and related products in this space to respond and innovate on consumer needs
- Create tech packs and production files that are clear and understandable to vendors
- Ensure thematic cohesion between Consumer Products and other Riot art assets
- Collaborate with product partners to prioritize changes and work within delivery timelines
- Articulate reasonings behind design choices, deliver constructive feedback, and offer clear, respectful design direction when needed
- Handle multiple projects at one time and work with emergent projects and deadlines
- Able to collaborate with the different product and business teams on Consumer Products and also able to collaborate and articulate design philosophies with outside partners.
- Create apparel collections that have versatility and range, understanding how to design from streetwear to more casual/commercial wear.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Graphic Designer or Visual Designer working with apparel, fashion, and/or consumer products
- Experience with taking work from ideation to a production-ready deliverable
- Strong understanding of streetwear and commercial fashion and trends.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of trends, different design needs for different markets (regional vs. channel), ability to build trend boards, mood boards and ideate collections
- Understanding of apparel timelines, cut and sew techniques, apparel materials and manufacturing processes, different apparel dye and application techniques
- Expert knowledge of apparel and print manufacturing and processes
- Ability to work cross functionally and collaboratively with a high degree of independence while understanding how to mentor and guide others
- Experience with Gaming/Entertainment IPs
- Experience working directly with apparel vendors and being able to articulate back timely feedback and corrections without multiple rounds of revisions
- Professional experience in the entertainment industry is a plus
We will review your work as a part of the application process, so please provide a portfolio with your application.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $136,000 USD - $190,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.