Senior Associate, Strategy & Operations
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
Come shape the future of Twitch! Twitch is a leading distributor of live content worldwide and we are seeking a Senior Associate to join our Strategy & Operations team to support Latin American growth. This position will report into the Senior Director of Strategy & Operations
The Strategy & Operations team is responsible for strategic planning, resource allocation, and performance tracking across our business. The team works across various business units and is core to the decision making and success of Twitch. As a member of the team you will leverage your analytical, problem solving, reporting and communication skills to define and execute on strategies, business plans, goals and day-to-day tactics for Latin American across all core business functions.
Ideal candidates should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges. Ideal candidates will also possess the ability to dig into details, keep the big picture in mind, work collaboratively in a high performing team, and communicate compelling insights and recommendations. A passion for creators with a keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
This position can be located in San Francisco, Irvine, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; and Salt Lake City, UT.
- Develop and monitor business reports and performance tracking dashboards
- Analyze business performance, diagnose problems, and identify growth opportunities
- Conduct internal and external research to bolster problem solving, opportunity identification, and business cases
- Own business analysis and modeling of key strategic projects
- Create strategic recommendations through synthesis of data, research, analysis and hypothesis testing
- Present findings and recommendations to business leaders across Twitch
- Lead and contribute to business plans, long-term strategies, resource allocation, and goal setting for the LATAM and Content teams
- Work with key internal stakeholders to execute components of strategic projects (e.g. finance, partnerships, analytics, sales, business development, legal, etc.)
- Serve as a key member of the Strategy & Operations team focused on collaborating on business strategy to achieve goals
- Work with other cross-functional analysts to make sure the right data is being collected to answer the right questions
- 3+ years of experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, investment banking and / or business operations
- Ability to formulate insights around complex business problems with minimal direction and little oversight on a day-to-day basis across large sets of information
- Distinctive quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities (e.g., Excel modeling, issue prioritization, strategic framing)
- Understanding of financial P&Ls
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Desire to succeed in a demanding, innovative, and entrepreneurial environment
- Interest and passion for content and digital entertainment
- Can write SQL queries
- Familiarity with digital content, video streaming, and/or OTT
- Experience in strategy, corporate planning, or internal consulting
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $73,900 /year in our lowest geographic market up to $177,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7976