Senior Audio Engineer
Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Driven by people. Inspired by challenges. Relentless to deliver creative excellence.
At the intersection of art, design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. Led by Dead Space and Call of Duty franchise veteran Glen Schofield, a new AAA development studio has risen within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have planted roots in beautiful Bishop Ranch and are now building our flagship state-of-the-art development studio establishing the East Bay as the new up and coming creative and technological hub we know it to be.
LED BY DEAD SPACE AND CALL OF DUTY FRANCHISE VETERAN GLEN SCHOFIELD, the development team at Striking Distance Studios is hard at work on its first game, The Callisto Protocol, a single player and story-driven survival horror game set in a prison colony on Jupiter’s moon Callisto. Here at Striking Distance Studios it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and the opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best to come join us and become part of a world-class team.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
- Build cutting-edge engine technology, expanding audio subsystems and integrating sound into gameplay to deliver exciting game experiences.
- Design, implement, and debug audio systems for AAA game development (such as occlusion, streaming, performance, and so on)
- Collaborate to develop systems/tools to allow audio designers to further realize their artistic aural goals
- Act as a liaison to advocate for audio to the engineering staff, and partner with team members across disciplines to find solutions that best support quality audio.
- Establish best-practices for technical audio workflows and ensure the application of this across the studio and audio partners.
- Foster a culture of open, honest, and respectful communication across all disciplines
- Exceptional Wwise implementation skills
- Excellent knowledge of Unreal 4 Engine
- At least 1 recent Console (PS4+, Xbox One+) title shipped as Audio Engineer
- At least 5 years of games industry experience and preferably 3 years or more in a similar role.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant work experience
- Experience in C/C++
- Strong understanding of advanced mathematical concepts and digital signal processing