Senior Audio Software Engineer - Treyarch Vancouver
Job Title:Senior Audio Software Engineer - Treyarch Vancouver
Do you have hands-on experience writing high-performance digital audio systems for PC and console games or similar hardware? If you possess strong C/C++ fundamentals and want to work with some of the most talented creatives in the industry, driving the technology to sculp the soundscape of future Call of Duty titles then we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do…
- Design, develop and implement run-time game audio features across a variety of architectures and operating systems
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering and sound departments at Treyarch and throughout the company, helping to push the boundaries of game audio technology
To succeed you should have…
- A passion for game audio and desire to work on the technology, tools and back-end systems to immerse players in 3D worlds
- Strong computer science fundamentals in areas including algorithms and data structures, thread synchronization, and time and space complexity trade-offs
- Industry experience creating and maintaining run-time, driver-level audio systems and tools
- Proficiency in C++
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (Python, C#/.NET, Lua, etc.)
- A team player attitude and be capable of working in a fast-paced team environment
- 5+ years of proven experience in an Audio Engineering role or similar position with multiple shipped titles
- A degree in Computer Science, or similar technology related field, ideally with an emphasis on low-level programming, or equivalent experience
We’d love it if you also have…
- Experience as a musician or vocalist
- Familiarity with DAWs like Pro-Tools, Reaper, Adobe Audition, Ableton Live or similar
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it’s a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch, and @treyarch on Twitter.
PS, we’ve also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $101,000.00 - $186,754.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.