Senior Backend Engineer
Job Title:Senior Backend Engineer
As a Senior Backend Engineer at Activision, you will work within the Experience
Optimization group to build innovative and impactful applications and tools that help build loyalty and drive engagement across Activision game titles. You should have development and implementation experience of large-scale personalization systems.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be a part of a team of 2-5 engineers that build A/B testing tools that empower different business verticals with their experimentations.
- Develop and maintain a critical large scale A/B testing service that is used by multiple games.
- Meet with many different A/B platform customers and work with our PMs to prioritize work.
- Work in a collaborative environment with some pretty cool people, and HUGE amounts of data.
- Experience in software engineering/development within Cloud (AWS/GCP/Azure) and Data Driven environment.
- Strong Object Oriented Programming skills.
- Experience with Java, Spring boot, and JSPs. Python is a plus.
- Experience with producer/consumer technologies such as Kafka a plus.
- Experience with high-volume consumer facing software systems, including developing highly scalable distributed systems.
- Solid CS background including concurrent programming, system architecture principles, and data structures.
- Experience working in agile environment.
- Experience working in test driven development.
- Experience with CI/CD workflows.
- Familiarity with Machine Learning is a plus.
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many fields of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with outstanding determination to build the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Activision has been changing the way people play for the past 40 years—as the leading developer and publisher of video games, our teams have created some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking, and beloved entertainment franchises in the industry. Ask anyone who works at Activision what their favorite thing about it is, and they’ll tell you it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure, and resources, but our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most groundbreaking titles in the industry. Our current portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe, is one of the largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Sitting at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment, our employees are some of the most creative across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology. A member of the S&P 500 Activision Blizzard is proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For®," "World's Best Employers," as well as "Most Admired Companies." In 2019 we were honored to receive a perfect score on our entry to the Corporate Equality Index as a Best Workplace for LGBTQ professionals and once again made Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as advised by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.