Senior Backend Software Engineer - PHP Or Java
About this Role
As a Full-Stack Engineer, you will help us build the web experience on the world's biggest platform for fans, with over 2.5 billion page views and 300 million users a month!
Our Community Platform underlies some of the biggest fan knowledge bases in the world, including communities built around pop culture phenomena like Star Wars, Minecraft, Marvel Comics, and thousands of others.
As a developer, you'll work on one of our autonomous teams focused on delivering features to and improving the experience of our multiple users (casual users, content creators, moderators, administrators).
We are looking for people who are motivated by solving business problems on a very big scale. It's OK if you're more specialized in either front-end or back-end or prefer to be a balanced web developer that solves problems equally on both sides of the HTTP protocol - if you're good at solving problems and you enjoy the pop culture, there is a big chance you'll find yourself at home at Fandom!
- Help build one of the biggest community platforms on the Internet
- Take part in (and eventually lead) an end-to-end app and feature design process
- Improve web apps to perform best at a very big scale
- Help your team find the best processes to solve our multiple challenges
- Share knowledge with others
- Provide mentorship to the less experienced engineers on your team
- Web development
- Courage for learning new technologies and stepping out of your comfort zone
- A desire to solve business problems
- An eye for performance and scalability
- Resolve technical and operational issues
- Deliver well-structured, tested, maintainable and useful software
- 4+ years experience contributing to open-source projects
- Experience with pop culture (Movies, Games, TV Shows, Anime)
- Experience working with scaled web apps
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
Benefits & Perks
- MacBook Pro and all the gear you need for work
- Free access to many popular online courses and books sponsored by our company
- An on-demand budget for education, training, and conferences
- Company stock options
- Company swag packages
- Cafeteria Benefit Program (including private medical care, gym membership, shopping/wellness bonus)
- VTO (Voluntary Time Off) - a day off every quarter for volunteering non-profit
- Frequent team bonding events
- Flexible work hours & time-off
- Employee Interest and Hobby Groups supported by our company
- Open, and fan-focused, international work environment
Fandom is the world's largest fan platform where fans immerse themselves in imagined worlds across entertainment and gaming. Reaching more than 315 million unique visitors per month and hosting more than 250,000 wikis, Fandom.com is the #1 source for in-depth information on pop culture, gaming, TV and film, where fans learn about and celebrate their favorite fandoms.
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer