Senior Brand Manager, Maxis HD Live Services Lead, The Sims
We are Electronic Art’s Marketing and Commercial Organization (MCO). Our teams build meaningful relationships with hundreds of millions of players around the world who love our games. We aim to be the best at meeting players where they are and supporting them throughout their journey with EA. Our teams develop the strategic vision of our products, run outstanding multi-channel campaigns, build global engagement across all touch points, develop global insights, and propel sales and global publishing. We understand the dynamic global landscape so we can bring relevant content, promotions, and help to players anywhere.
We foster an environment where our teams create the most amazing work of their career while inspiring the world to play.
The Maxis Marketing team is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated Senior Brand Manager to serve as the Maxis HD Live Services Lead for The Sims and shape the future of a world-renowned, interactive entertainment brand that has entertained hundreds of millions of people around the globe for more than twenty years.
This position reports to the Brand Director who is seeking a Senior Brand Manager with a passion to build strong brands, proven ability to drive product and live service marketing strategies, and enthusiasm for the interactive entertainment industry. The candidate will understand how to identify and apply consumer insights into brand and product development with emphasis on driving player engagement and satisfying player needs. The candidate will be responsible for creating successful brand and marketing strategies that maintain our lead positioning within the marketplace, strengthen player relationships, and enable business success for one of EA’s strongest Live Services.
As the Live Services Lead for Maxis, the applicant will be a strategic thinker with proven ability to influence cross-functional teams and understand EA’s tools and technology that can accelerate the success of The Sims franchise through optimized targeted offers and prepare Maxis for the future.
- Lead brand marketing via strategic partnership with Development, Publishing, and Marketing partners to drive marketing activities that meet the needs of players and the market.
- Develop franchise objectives and establish KPIs that communicate and measure brand and franchise performance.
- Shape the definition of our consumer target and their associated needs, motivations, and insights that assist brand growth, product development and inform marketing strategies.
- Partner with Studio Leadership and Product Development on strategic, multi-year live service brand and product roadmaps that delight our players and deliver on the brand vision.
- Serve as Maxis Marketing Lead for new business development, collaborating with studio on testing and developing go to market plans based on clear KPIs.
- Lead and influence the marketing touchpoints in the player journey that impact product development and CFX team execution in support of exceeding player needs and strengthening relationships with players.
- Bring a creative and commercial mindset to development. Lead with studio in defining positioning, product features, content, and experiences by advocating on behalf of marketing and the player’s needs.
- Lead and define real time relevant marketing and engagement for players.
- Support creative teams in briefing and driving creative asset development/approvals of all key art and campaign content.
Skills / Core Competencies
- Ability to strategically identify marketing opportunities based on cultural, consumer, market, and industry trends.
- Experience with cross-functional leadership with consumer live services, web, games and technology development teams.
- Experience with developing innovative strategic brand marketing plans, marketing campaigns and development of brand marketing creative thru cross functional leadership.
- Understanding of consumer online marketing channels including paid search, direct response media, direct marketing / CRM, analytics, social media and viral marketing.
- Understanding of complex / interactive product or experience, software experience or gaming. PC Gaming experience a plus.
- Familiarity with the asset development process, experience in managing creative agencies, writing impactful copy, and planning strategic asset plans that support product and key initiatives.
- Ability to lead teams in developing KPIs, tracking and developing strategies based on results.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and analysis to projects / workflow in addition to problems.
- Excellent, consistent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership & teamwork skills to ensure cooperative relationships across departments.
- 5+ years of marketing experience including acquisition, engagement, retention and monetization.
- Strong project, time management and communication skills.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office programs.
- A passion for understanding your consumer and creative brands a plus.
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements
- 5-10 years brand/product marketing experience, online gaming and/or online consumer businesses a big plus.
- Experience planning and executing online marketing campaigns including creative that works globally and across channels.
- Proven success leading & partnering with creative teams.
- Experience working in a matrixed, cross-functional organization.
- Excellent creative and strategic thinking.
- Marketing degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA a plus.