Job Title: Senior Business Analyst (Techno/Functional), Business Systems
Reporting To: Sr. Manager of IT
Department: Information Technology
Location: Austin, TX
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As a Senior Business Analyst (Techno/Functional), Business Systems you will be versatile and highly motivated individual who works with the other IT team members and Business Users on the Technical and Functional requirements definition, design, implementation and maintenance of systems
The ideal candidate should also possess a working knowledge of supporting Oracle tools: XML or BI publisher, OA Framework, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, Oracle Workflow, Oracle Web ADI, supporting third-party tools (TOAD, SQL developer) and configuration and maintenance of existing Oracle applications. The position will work with the Sr. Manager of IT and Business Users in defining, prioritizing and executing application enhancements, projects and end-user support.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Ensure IT alignment with the business through delivery of quality technology solutions
• Requirements gathering and scope definition with non-technical Business User constituencies.
• The ability to interview various non-technical managers to understand complex, dynamic business rules/process and then create detailed, specific and comprehensive documentation.
• Engage Business Users spanning multiple departments and ensure cohesive articulation of business goals and processes to ensure effective solutions.
• Engage Business Users to support all necessary clarification to design and implement an effective solution.
• Manage components of a project plan or projects.
• Manage and address support tickets of various priority.
• Strong functional understanding of the systems supported and the development framework for customizations.
• Verification of feasibility of Business User’s request functionality and business rules based on existing technical systems and data structures.
• Manage multiple priorities, projects in fast paced and dynamic environment
• Work with third Party logistics providers
• Provide training and documentation when required
• Ability to create and present key requirements artifacts, Scope Documents, Use Cases, Detailed Specification of Key Business Rules, Test plans and Test scenarios, Activity Diagrams, Business Process Mapping Diagrams and Documentation, Application Gap analysis
• Other duties may be assigned.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more than 40 years, Activision has been changing the way people play. In the process, we have built one of the largest portfolios of recognized brands and today we are one of the most valuable interactive entertainment companies in the world.