Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility and creativity to improve the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB
IT Procurement Senior Buyer - Software
Activision Blizzard King (ABK) is looking for an IT Procurement Senior Buyer to support the sourcing, procurement, invoicing, and payment processes within the ABK IT Global Purchasing Department based in Irvine, CA. The IT Procurement Senior Buyer will directly support the global ABK IT Department associated spend with their purchasing needs and requirements through a structured approach to ordering, processing, and controlling the payment process of purchase orders and invoices.
The ideal candidate is a tech-savvy individual who will work within the ABK Global Tech & IT Procurement department to facilitate daily operations. This person will also interact with our employees as a category expert for their specialty area. This person, who will also contribute to long-term projects, must be highly organized, and be able to work independently with little guidance.
We are looking for someone with senior experience in IT software licenses (this is a must) with a proven and successful record of managing IT suppliers in the global purchasing space. We are looking for someone who is passionate about building and maintaining great relationships both internally as well as externally with our IT supplier base.
- As part of the Global Tech Procurement team, this role will be responsible for raising purchase orders for ABK’s internal customers into the e-procurement system (iProc/Oracle) for the purchase of software and other products to fulfil internal requests received via our ticketing system (ServiceNOW).
- Lead the sourcing and purchasing activities of new software and services based on business needs.
- Additionally, and depending on required team support and business needs, purchases related to hardware could also be assigned to ensure no business disruptions.
- Work in collaboration with the Sourcing/Category managers to provide support to the development of complex commercial strategies that balance cost, quality, and risk.
- Define and use creative negotiation strategies and plans to maximize value and cost savings benefit while lowering risk.
- Become the expert on your category and be able to help customers (company employees and stakeholders) with purchasing requests.
- Conduct analysis to identify and validate financial savings for the category managed.
- Provide analytical and research support to projects and activities across your category area.
- Establish a preferred supplier program by category.
- Support the execution of purchasing activities including the preparation and management of medium-sized purchasing events (RFIs/RFQs/RFPs), supplier evaluation and selection, negotiation, and contracting activities including the review and validation of business commercial terms and conditions.
- Perform some transactional duties including the placing of purchase orders, monthly reconciling of your company P-Card, fulfilment of requests through the company’s ticketing system.
- Take responsibility for accurate and on-time delivery of orders; follow-up on POs with suppliers and manage delivery date expectations as necessary with all relevant stakeholders.
- Serve as a mentor and advisor to the global purchasing team, guiding and directing activities of fellow Buyers as needed.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the Finance department to resolve supplier payment issues.
- Support ABK-global initiatives in the purchasing space, as required by the leadership team, including process improvements, optimization and streamlining projects.
- Follow global procurement policies and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience or equivalent education/work experience.
- Very high level of attention to detail and accuracy in numerical transactions and financial calculations.
- Proven negotiations skills with related purchasing experience in organizations with multi-million-dollar budget spends in the tech and IT arena. Ideally, experience gained in Tech procurement and in software and services.
- Experience of managing suppliers and stakeholders, globally.
- Experience of commercial negotiation with global footprint suppliers and vendors.
- Medium-level legal contractual knowledge and advanced experience on contract negotiation.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with both internal customers and external vendors and suppliers.
- Excellent interpersonal (soft), verbal and written communication, customer service, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight timelines and to take initiative when required by specific situations and scenarios.
- Able to maintain high confidentiality.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
About Activision Blizzard Media
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross-platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences. We have built a new team to introduce innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our huge audience of highly-engaged players. We are looking for new talents to help take our emergent media offering to the next level.
We need all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people.
Ready to play?
Come join our world and work alongside some of the best and brightest minds in the business.
All applications should be made in English.
Discover more at https://www.activisionblizzardmedia.com/
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $72,720.00 - $134,460.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.