Senior C++ Software Developer [Scalar]
Do you have an interest in how cloud tech is shaping the games of tomorrow? Would like to work alongside likeminded programming experts on transforming traditional game engines to the cloud? Read more below!
We are looking for a Senior Programmer for Scalar here at Ubisoft Stockholm.
As a Senior Programmer on Scalar, you’ll be part of a team building and deploying core services on a cloud platform for our games. Following a microservice architecture pattern, you will create independent systems that increase scale and depth for simulations of our game worlds. Working in parallel with game teams who make use of this new technology, you will also be working closely with people from other disciplines and follow agile methodologies to drive your work forward.
We strive to give passionate and creative teams the freedom and trust they need to succeed in this creative and fast-moving environment. We encourage people to make conscious choices and decisions, poke holes in existing plans, and express what they need to be able to honor their commitments.
In this role, you’ll be joining our programming craft and report to an Engineering Manager. You will also be part of the wider Production Technology group at Ubisoft where you will work as part of a transversal group of experts from around the globe. As colleagues, we celebrate a curious mind that is backed by experience and aim to provide an inspiring and diverse workplace with friendly individuals.
You will be working with tech like:
- C++: libcurl, openssl, asio, lz4, rapidjson, spdlog, fmt, lz4, gtest, entt, bulletphysics, lyra, imgui, Vulkan, Dx12, Amd GpuOpen
- Python: numpy, numba, flask, jinja, sphinx, lz4, opentelemetry, google-cloud-sdk
- Other: docker, clang, visual studio, conan, cmake, gitlab, linux (Debian) and access to Ubisofts global innersource community
We would love if you...
- Have professional experience working in/on a modern game engine
- Are self-motivated and have a creative mindset to problem solving in code
- Are used to write C++ modules with minimal memory footprint
- Know when to use unit tests and are familiar with test driven development
- Are experienced with debugging on multiple operating systems, including console and/or linux.
- Have been working with C++ 20 or newer and have an interest in Python
- Have some experience with cloud platforms and microservices
Apply to make it yours
Find out more about us at: http://stockholm.ubisoft.com/
About Production Technology at Ubisoft
At Ubisoft, there are no limits to creativity. Innovation comes from every corner and our game teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of technology to transform ideas into fantastical worlds. To bolster their efforts, Ubisoft’s Production Technology department is a transversal group that unites more than 500 experts across the company around a mission to develop the best tools and technologies that enable our studios to bring their visions to life. From designing our proprietary game engines and state-of-the-art middleware solutions used by our worldwide developer community, to leveraging the latest machine learning breakthroughs in R&D, Production Technology team members don’t just help Ubisoft creators make games: they work together to pioneer innovations that change the way games are made.
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games.