Senior Character Technical Artist
Cloud Chamber is looking for a Senior Character Technical Artist to join our talented team to create stunning stylized characters that will inhabit the world of BioShock. We need you to help set the standards that inspire the rest of our team and industry alike. You will work side by side with the other members of our amazing character team to carry the Creative and Art Directors vision forward setting the stage for a spectacular narrative driven experience.
You are someone who sets an example for a positive collaborative process. You’re able to work with the Technical Artists and Animators to gracefully shape and maintain a cross-disciplinary relationship. You are an artist. You see the world with an artist’s eye and can’t wait to recreate what you experience, adding in your style and flair.
- Work side-by-side with artists on the character team, under the direction of the Associate Art Director, to carry the creative vision of this amazing franchise forward.
- Create high-quality character art that adheres to next-gen technical specs while looking and functioning amazingly well in the engine.
- Create and optimize pipelines for creating assets in collaboration with the artists on the character team while being their ambassador on different technical topics with other departments.
- Assist in the planning of content creation in collaboration with other character artists and the concept team.
- Collaborate with all other disciplines to ensure that all character work meets the high-quality expectations set by the studio.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Proficiency in Maya, Zbrush, Marvelous Designer, Photoshop, and Substance Painter.
- A strong artistic vision to translate both organic and hard surface characters from concept to game-ready assets.
- Solid knowledge of high-poly modeling and digital sculpting.
- A strong understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling.
- An exceptional understanding of human anatomy and a strong personal art style.
- A superior eye for value, color, and detail in creating textures - combined with a strong understanding of PBR.
- Experience using Unreal or a comparable engine.
- A great work ethic and the ability to work autonomously.
- Experience working within cross-discipline strike teams on collaborative assignments.
- An understanding of next-generation content creation.
- Experience with structuring & maintaining pipelines.
- A background in traditional arts and media.
- A passion for games and game development.
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com email accounts.