Senior Community Manager, Gaming
About this Role
A Senior Community Manager, Gaming on Fandom's Community Experience team lives and breathes video games and specializes in ensuring the health and sentiment of the tens of thousands gaming creators who build their communities every month for the millions of monthly gamers who visit the platform. In this role, you will drive engagement strategies for keeping gaming creators invested in the Fandom platform and being involved in the growth and expansion of the Fandom brand.
As the face of Fandom for our gaming communities, you will be a brand ambassador who interacts directly with creators, assists them with their needs, and partners with our community representative team to hear feedback and provide world-class support. Through proactive and thoughtful engagement, we strive to make our community culture a space free from toxicity, a platform where creators can express themselves in a business-safe way, and an environment that is inclusive and safe for all.
- Work directly with our gaming creator community as an important point of support and community health to develop and execute community engagement and creator satisfaction strategies.
- Create, experiment with, execute on, and assess the results of gaming community programming initiatives to increase the voice of our gaming creator community in public-facing (particularly virtual) initiatives.
- Manage Fandom's community Discord server and oversee its volunteer moderators and programming opportunities.
- Be a partner to Fandom's Community Activations team in identifying potential opportunities for official wiki partnerships and other engagements with anime and manga brands and outlets.
- Partner with Fandom's Product and Tech teams on key areas of product development to incorporate community needs and feedback into the development process.
- 5+ years working with online communities and experience working directly with gaming communities.
- Strong written communication skills, both in technical and creative writing.
- Passion for pop culture and online communities with expertise about a broad range of video game properties across multiple genres.
- Experience and expertise in Discord community management.
- Experience working with development teams, like a Product team.
- A proven track record of successful community or customer interactions, including programming opportunities.
- An eye for problem-solving.
- An ability to work with distributed teams in different time zones.
- A mindset that is collaborative and community-focused.
- A mindset that is business-oriented, collaborative, and comfortable with training and coaching volunteers.
- Proficiency in the English language.
Bonus Points if You Have…
- Familiarity with graphics editors and graphic design
- Proficiency in CSS, JS, and other coding languages
- Basic familiarity with HTML
Fandom is the world's largest fan platform where fans immerse themselves in imagined worlds across entertainment and gaming. Reaching more than 315 million unique visitors per month and hosting more than 250,000 wikis, Fandom.com is the #1 source for in-depth information on pop culture, gaming, TV and film, where fans learn about and celebrate their favorite fandoms.
Fandom is an equal opportunity employer. Fandom values diversity, and all employment decisions are made on the basis of job requirements and individual qualifications.