Senior Community Manager (Total War)
Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced Community Manager to join our growing team at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
The ideal candidate will come with the experience to join at the mid to senior level, where they will work alongside our community managers to grow and nurture our gaming communities on a variety of social platforms. You will plan and execute social campaigns leading up to major development milestones for multiple Total War projects and improve the overall consistency and quality of our communication with our audience.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role is Hybrid and has an expectation of 1-2 days a month in our Horsham studio. This role cannot offer fully remote working. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
As Senior Community Manager, you will join the Total War Community Team, interacting with and planning campaigns alongside the larger Creative Assembly team: growing and enhancing our community while acting as a conduit between the fanbase and development teams across all Total War projects and releases.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Be responsible for communicating with our audience across numerous owned social media platforms—including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Discord, YouTube, Twitch, and others—as well as community-run and SEGA-owned channels
- Own the planning, preparation, and executions of social campaigns from start to finish by working with our Content team to generate assets, our Writing team to generate copy, and the Community Team to inform, educate, and create a dialogue with our community
- Be a public ambassador for our games. You will be a subject matter expert when it comes to Total War and help share that knowledge with player communities across multiple channels
- Be the voice of the player community within Creative Assembly: collecting insights from new and veteran players and communicating those topics in a way that informs our decisions and the direction of our projects
- Ensure the best possible experience for our players. This includes monitoring and reacting to sentiment changes and delivering content and interactions aligned with players’ needs
- Communicate clearly and confidently: effectively inspiring change for our players and raising the bar of quality for our games in a direct and measurable way.
- Developing and leading social campaigns based on the community strategy
- Establishing and embodying the company’s voice for all Total War projects
- Setting measurable community goals and objectives
- Consistently reporting on the Community Team’s work to the Creative Assembly development teams.
- Experience with interactive channels such as Discord, Reddit, and modern game forums
- Experience building social campaigns for platforms such as YouTube, Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- A deep knowledge and understanding of how to leverage the strengths of different social platforms when communicating with an audience
- The ability to work closely with teams to create, plan, and implement effective campaigns leading up to project announcements and milestones
- Excellent communication skills—both written and verbal—and experience communicating on official studio channels
- The drive to be creative, experimental, and communicative in ways that create a consistent, transparent, and effective presence in the community and gaming spaces.
- Experience and passion for the Total War franchise
- A passion for both the fantasy and historical settings
- Experience working with social media influencers
- Experience running a YouTube or Twitch channel
- Experience partnering with external agencies.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.