Senior Concept Artist - League, Champions
As a Senior Concept Artist at Riot on League of Legends PC you will bring new characters, creatures, and worlds to life. Elaborating from a napkin sketch or a full-blown narrative concept, you will produce visual designs that are resonant, compelling and iconic. Using your understanding of anatomy, world building, and prop design, you will stretch the limits while maintaining clear art direction. You will participate in craft review sessions to give, and receive feedback on the work. You will report to the Concept Art Lead.
- Sketch, brainstorm, and refine gameplay concepts, champions, props, user interface elements, and environments.
- Collaborate on an interdisciplinary pod with product owners, game designers, animators, artists, and writers.
- Create New Champion pitches that conveys the champion's personality, origin and source of power.
- Develop detailed concept art, paint-overs, storyboards, and orthographic drawings for 3D artists, and animators.
- Participate in Playtest sessions
- 5+ years of experience as a Concept Artist in the games industry.
- Proficiency with painting, and drawing tools such as Photoshop.
- Understanding of colors, and value structure.
- Experience creating designs using inspiration from historical, fantasy, sci-fi, mainstream trends, and other pop-culture references.
- Experience designing content for isometric camera views.
- Affinity for Runeterra IP or a general knowledge of League of Legends.
- Experience with broad appeal vs niche aesthetics.
- Wide range of pop-culture knowledge: anime, games, movies, and graphic novels.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise that prioritizes the delight of players. We will evaluate your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
As a part of the application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio of their work.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $123,000 USD - $171,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.