Senior Copy Editor
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Leeds is on the lookout for a talented Senior Copy Editor who possesses a passion for language and UX. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Leeds.
WHAT WE DO
- We support teams across the business to plan, design, deliver, test and optimize user interface (UI) text, across all our games and services - ensuring it’s as effective, consistent and high quality as possible.
- Our UX writing function supports the strategy and design of new UI elements and player experiences; and our copy-editing function optimizes new and existing text strings for quality and consistency, and ensures they’re appearing correctly in-game.
- We collaborate with UX researchers, UX designers, UI designers, visual designers, and teams across the business to ensure we're consistently presenting our players and customers with precisely the right information, in the right format, at the right time, and in the right tone of voice across our games and services.
- Edit game text for accuracy, clarity, consistency, purpose, voice and tone, and implement changes in build.
- Audit text against global patterns and log issues.
- Review and approve other Copy Editors’ output.
- Raise larger text issues and solutions to game design leads and other teams.
- Resolve text issues raised by game design and other teams (Localization, Accessibility, etc.).
- Maintain supporting tools (rules, dictionaries, reports, etc.).
- Write new in-game text.
- Maintain and create new UI text style guide content.
- Facilitate stakeholder and subject matter expert workshops.
- Manage content frameworks and team communication channels.
- Develop and optimize team tools, templates and workflows.
- Support in optimising the structure and layout of game text internally.
- Advocate for use of the UI text style guide across the business.
- 5+ years’ experience as a content editor or producer, UX writer or similar role.
- Portfolio of published work.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English.
- Advanced knowledge of English linguistics and grammar.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- Extensive experience using content management and publishing systems.
- A positive, considerate, and inclusive attitude.
- Familiarity with Rockstar products and a good understanding of the video games industry.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Qualification(s) in English, design, marketing, communications, or another related field.
- Experience writing for localization, or writing in other languages.
- Experience working in the video games industry.
- Experience in digital product design and development.
- Experience using design tools such as Sketch and Figma.
- Experience using project management tools such as Jira.
- Experience navigating and working in development and production environments.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.