Senior Core Programmer [Snowdrop]
Snowdrop is a powerful game engine that enables Ubisoft content creators to set their creative minds free. Fast and flexible, Snowdrop gives developers innovative tools designed from the ground up for creating great game experiences. Snowdrop provides the perfect canvas for game developers to paint the games of the future.
We are looking for a programmer who enjoys all types of code with no specific area in mind, as opposed to someone with a huge interest in a narrow field. Someone who would happily jump in and do a good job in just about any code regardless of if they wrote it or not. Working in our engine team, your primary focus will be designing new systems that are somewhat future proof and meets the need of the user (in our case, these are mostly other coders / art / tech-art). You will often be working in or debugging somewhat unknown system. This can be both the biggest challenge and the biggest fun!
As a Core programmer you will be part of a very committed R&D team working with multiple hardware platforms. You will be expected to work in collaboration with other programmers, artists and testers to craft high quality, scalable solutions that bring Snowdrop and its various titles to an even higher visual and performant standard.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you’ll do
- Designing, implementing, and iterating on new and existing systems using C++
- Developing features for multiple platforms and different hardware capabilities
- Awareness of performance and memory footprints of different approaches or techniques
- Debugging low-level crashes and other issues, and implement or suggests fixes for them
- Answering tech or code questions from colleagues at Massive and other Ubisoft studios
- Take part in code reviews, architectural discussions and being part of making our code base excellent
- Work on longer-term engine features, but also interleaved by shorter feature requests or fixes that needs to happen more short term
About Production Technology at Ubisoft
At Ubisoft, there are no limits to creativity. Innovation comes from every corner and our game teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of technology to transform ideas into fantastical worlds. To bolster their efforts, Ubisoft’s Production Technology department is a transversal group that unites more than 400 experts across the company around a mission to develop the best tools and technologies that enable our studios to bring their visions to life. From designing our proprietary game engines and state-of-the-art middleware solutions used by our worldwide developer community, to leveraging the latest machine learning breakthroughs in R&D, Production Technology team members don’t just help Ubisoft creators make games: they work together to pioneer innovations that change the way games are made.
What you’ll bring
Enthusiasm and curiosity that by placing attention to high quality and elegant C++. You are self-motivated and value quality in everything you do and have a good attention to detail. You are creative and delight in overcoming technical limitations and solving difficult problems. You can quickly find, filter and digest "enough" information about unknowns and you enjoy learning just about anything, and work in any system. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Professional experience with C++ programming and solid knowledge of file IO, algorithms, data structures, memory management and general C++ best practices
- Experience with performance critical programming
- Strong general debugging skills
- In-depth knowledge of modern computer architecture
- Shipped title(s) on PC or current/last gen consoles
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö Sweden and is part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 750 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
You can also find a summary of the Massive Job Perks here.
Questions? We're more than happy to answer them! Please contact Malin Jessen (Talent Acquisition Partner) at firstname.lastname@example.org
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.