Senior Data Engineer, Data Protection & Privacy
Job Title:Senior Data Engineer, Data Protection & Privacy
Senior Data Engineer, Data Protection & Privacy Engineering
Does Activision Blizzard King sound like an awesome place to work? Do you want to make it even more awesome?
Activision Blizzard King is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Data Engineer to join our Data Protection & Privacy Engineering group. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will have a significant impact on our game players’ protection and privacy rights, as well as help extend the data inventory platform. Specifically, you will play a key role in ensuring the security and privacy of our users' data by designing and implementing secure and efficient data pipelines, and implementing end user analytics dashboards that provide valuable insights while meeting rigorous privacy and security standards, all while leveraging cloud technologies.
Our Data Protection & Privacy Engineering team is highly collaborative and works closely with other teams across the organization. We are committed to delivering quality data to support our game players' protection and privacy rights and to help extend our data inventory platform for use by Activision Blizzard King employees and our gamers worldwide. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be a critical part of our team and work directly with our engineering team and implement the most epic and reliable data experiences for our users. You work closely together to share knowledge and push the department forward by learning from each other’s success and failures via group discussions, lightning talks, paired programming, mentoring, and embracing any technique that keeps us sustainably delivering quality data. Data Engineers are expected to work closely with external teams to make sure we're building the right tools in the most epic way possible.
Our ideal candidate has a strong background in data warehouses, databases, data pipelines, data streaming, ETL/ELT, data quality, analytics, visualization, and data testing, with an aptitude for critical thinking and analysis. They are comfortable streaming data from legacy systems to cloud data warehouses and building complex reporting dashboards to confront ambiguity. They have a sense of ownership and responsibility for everything they produce and are committed to continuously improving their skills and expertise in data engineering.
Activision Blizzard and King games and platforms reach a global audience of passionate gamers. The scale is massive and the challenges are very real, but wise application of technology is the answer to keep it all running reliably with minimal guidance. Our Data Engineers are at the heart of this work, working directly with the engineering teams from idea to launch to deliver the most epic (and reliable!) experiences... ever.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Comfortable with working with structured/unstructured data, cloud computing, ETL/ELT, data streaming, event driven architecture
- Comfortable with data cataloging solutions for metadata and classification for privacy and risk mitigation
- Data Engineers at Activision Blizzard King are expected to become experts in the technologies used by the teams they are working with. Below is a non-exhaustive list of technologies Data Engineers may be exposed to:
- Database / Datawarehouse technologies (BigQuery, MySQL, Couchbase, Oracle)
- Cloud Services and Architecture (GCP)
- Event Streaming (Kafka, Datastream, Dataflow, Pub/Sub)
- Data Visualization Technologies (Looker Studio)
- Programming (SQL, LookerML, Markdown, HTML)
- Security and Encryption (BigQuery row-level and embedded-level security)
- Source Control (GitHub Enterprise)
- Employing your systems knowledge to triage problems and tune data pipeline
- Work in an environment where we openly share findings, discover gaps, embrace transparency, and improve data quality across our services
- Build positive and collaborative relationships across the organization
- Data Visualization Technologies (Power BI, Tableau, Qlik)
- Database / DataWarehouse/ Visualization technologies (MySQL, Couchbase, Oracle, Cloud SQL, Postgres, Hadoop, MapReduce/Spark, Databricks)
- Distributed Systems (architectures, micro-services, high availability)
- Working knowledge of SDLC methodologies (Agile / Scrum)
- Able to drive and support creation of technical documentation
- Aware and keeps up to date with technology trends
- Experience of multi-environment releases through change management
- Capable of sharing ideas and technology to their peers in a clear and effective way
- Background in Data Privacy/Protection/Security is a plus!
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter (optional)
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $101,000.00 - $186,754.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.