Senior Data Engineer
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
You will shape the way that performance is measured, establish how we transform our data, and scale analytics methods and tools to support our growing business, leading the way for high-quality, high velocity decisions.
We're looking for an experienced data engineer to join our Monetization Data Engineering team, which is focused on making trusted, reusable data assets for data consumers in Ads, Commerce, and throughout Twitch to use. Your responsibilities will include creating pipelines to batch transform billions of records into our data warehouses which act as sources of truth across the company; work with data producers to improve data coverage and ensure complete data; partner with other data tool creators driving data quality and maintaining data across interfaces for a wide variety of Twitch staff to consume in different formats. In the process, you will work with technical and non-technical staff members throughout Twitch.
- Delight data consumers throughout Twitch by ensuring they have the data they need to inform decisions, where and when they need it
- Establish and own organization-level data architecture for a trusted, governed, dimensionally-modeled repository of data that enables Twitch staff to quickly and reliably answer their questions
- Prioritize projects from a diverse set of stakeholders to accomplish goals
- Protect data sources against data quality issues: work with data producers to ensure data passes acceptance tests; develop and maintain data quality monitoring and assurance framework; and improve the processes for developing new ones, raising the level of quality expected from our work
- Improve data discovery: create data exploration tools and promote adoption of data sources across the company
- Improve business, engineering, and data processes through data architecture, engineering, testing, and operational excellence best practices
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering, software engineering, or other related roles
- 5+ years using relational database concepts with a solid working knowledge of SQL, SQL tuning, data modeling best principles, OLAP, Big Data technologies
- 5+ years of experience creating and maintaining data pipelines from various data sources, in collaboration with diverse stakeholders
- Experience with development best practices, including query optimization, version control, code reviews, and documentation
- Experience with an orchestration platform: Airflow, Luigi, Prefect, Step Functions, etc.
- A passion for games and the gaming industry
- Experience with Python
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or GCP: Redshift, S3, Glue, EMR, Athena, etc. (or analogous)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks and Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut, Washington and New Jersey is $154,600 - $209,200 yr and in New York City is $170,000 - $230,000 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7888