Discord's Data Science team provides actionable insights into Discord's ecosystem and builds tools to empower teams to make data-informed decisions. Our mission is to understand our users, partners, product, and the broader market. We work with leaders across Discord's product, engineering, and business teams to drive decision-making, define metrics and KPIs, run experiments, and build foundational models and datasets powering all of the above.
Discord is looking for a Data Scientist to come explore our data, unlock insights, and drive decision making at all levels of the company. If you're excited about using your toolkit to help us improve a communications platform that delights millions of users and communities, please read on!
- Explore our data, build models, and apply advanced statistical techniques to provide a deeper understanding of our product, users, communities, and business
- Partner with product, engineering, and business teams to identify opportunities and produce analysis that guides informed decision-making
- Improve our existing capabilities in product experimentation, classification, forecasting, and anomaly detection
- Design experiments to tease out causal impact impact and draw statistically significant conclusions
- Deep technical expertise in statistical modeling, modern machine learning techniques, and experimental design
- Fluency in SQL and a language such as Python, Java, R, or Scala
- Collaborative attitude and natural curiosity
- A creative and quantitative mindset
- You can explain complex concepts in easy-to-understand ways
- 4+ years of experience in an applied research or data science role or equivalent experience
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 13 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Transgender benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pre-tax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.