Senior Design Technologist
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
Amazon Interactive Video Service (IVS) is an exciting new AWS service for building live interactive experiences using the same technology that powers Twitch. Every day, millions of people across the globe experience the joy of interactive live video powered by IVS.
As a Senior Design Technologist on the team, you will have the chance to help develop the future of the service. You will report to a Design Director, and be part of a team of Frontend Engineers and Design Technologists. You'll be involved in every step of the product design process, from early brainstorming with Product and Engineering Leaders and User Researchers to help establish the products we build, through to working with engineering, sales and business development to ensure the product meets our customer's expectations. You will have created work that impacts millions of customers and played an important role in shaping an AWS service.
You can be located in San Francisco, CA; Irvine, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; Salt Lake City, UT; or Vancouver, BC. You can also be remote within Canada or the USA.
- Contribute to the creation of new APIs that deliver live interactive video experiences
- Help lead planning and brainstorming sessions with product managers, engineering, and other designers
- Create customer-centric designs by using data, market analysis, and customer feedback
- Create and contribute to prototypes, code samples and demos
- Take full ownership of the cross-platform user experience for projects from start to finish, including wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Run the production of designs and documentation for presentation to engineers, managers, peer design teams, and senior executives
- Mentor and support junior designers on the team, developing their abilities
- 7+ years experience as a Design Technologist, Frontend Engineer, UX Engineer, or Product Designer, with experience driving innovation and prototyping projects that lead to demonstrated customer and impact
- 4+ years of experience working in a collaborative team and directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Expertise using Figma
- Experience building apps or tools, and deploying them to AWS
- Portfolio showcasing your past work and process, including prototypes or detailed wireframes for complex web and mobile applications
- History of personally building and publishing code samples (on GitHub, Codepen or other)
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related UX degree
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut, Washington and New Jersey is $178,020 - $217,580 yr and in New York City is $195,840 - $239,360 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7932