Senior Destruction VFX Artist
Senior Destruction VFX Artist - Battlefield Seattle Studio
Battlefield Seattle is focused on building rich, exciting stories with memorable characters and powerful experiences all in the Battlefield universe. We are building a new studio in the Seattle area composed of leaders and talent with a vast array of AAA game dev experience. As we assemble our diverse team, all who have a voice in making great games together, we're looking for a healthy mixture of tempered veterans and young passionate individuals eager to make a difference.
Role Overview: You are a Senior Destruction VFX Artist with technical experience creating beautiful, chaotic and realistic VFX in games. You will help define our production techniques, maintain budgets while focusing on the highest quality execution – with empathy and clarity being at the heart of who you are as a leader.
Reporting to the Studio Art Director, the Senior Destruction VFX Artist is a practical artist, accomplished in all aspects of art and production techniques while being inspired by film, 2d and 3d design, graphic and architectural design and being an expert in the requirements of the games industry.
- You will work with the Art Director to define the VFX process for the studio. This includes editing and preparing game models while choosing the correct process to implement in the game engine.
- You will implement, polish, and refine your work based on feedback and direction.
- You can write documentation, contribute to & maintain production requirements such as stand-ups, feedback and communication with peers.
- Cross discipline collaboration as a core tenant of who you are and how you work.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Senior Destruction Artist.
- Shipped 2 or more AAA games with at least one of those games in the position of senior or lead VFX artist.
- An understanding of VFX process, realistic execution and beautiful visuals.
- Experience with industry VFX packages to shatter, simulate, flood and set fire to in game geometry in real time.
- Experience working with an Art Director to develop direction and quality goals which are shared with the team.
- Knowledge of commercial and proprietary games engines is a must as this is a hands-on position.
The following are required as part of the application process:
- Apply online with resume
- Provide web link on resume for online portfolio (required)
- As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete a test
- This may be an Art, Audio, Design, or Writing test
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.