Senior Development Tester / QC Engineer [New Game IP]
We are looking for a Senior Development Tester / QA to be responsible for our quality strategy and manage all testing for an ambitious new game IP. With your experience as a senior we hope you will provide many great qualities to our game production such as: trust, a focus on goals and results, problem-solving, interpersonal skills and a self-leadership mindset.
NB: Please note that we will be unable to respond on your application until August due to the summer holidays in Sweden.
Joining our studio
At Ubisoft Stockholm we’re pioneers, building the future of games and creating great entertainment. Here you will be joining our production for an ambitious new game IP that is vastly different from what you have seen on the market before. On this new journey of yours, we want to give you and your team the freedom and trust you need to succeed in a creative and ever-evolving environment. We encourage you to make conscious choices and decisions, ask for feedback and iterate to learn new things, and as no one working here is alike we ask you to express what you need to be successful.
What you’ll be doing
As our Senior Development Tester / QA, you will be the first addition to the QA team on the project. You will be working closely together with Technical Leads, our Technical Director and Production where you have the opportunity to affect how QA is set up and what the strategy forward will look like. You will also work closely together with our development teams where you will drive quality by being an active participant in the entire development cycle, from design to finished feature. You will be reporting directly to one of our Producers.
Summary of the role:
- Oversee build quality and health of the project.
- Drive general testing such as building sanity tests, integration testing, regression testing, play testing and setting up automated tests.
- Evaluate our testing strategies and suggest changes and improvements.
- Review technical design so it adheres to our testing strategy.
- Create and maintain test plans and documentation.
- Define and implement a quality strategy together with Production and Tech Direction.
We would love if you...
- Have great interpersonal skills combined with strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Have a good eye for detail and the knowledge to work across multiple disciplines in games.
- Are knowledgeable in the game development processes and needs for each project phase.
- Know how to implement and drive test principles and methods.
- Have experience with test management tools (Jira, Testrail, Trello etc).
Apply now and make it yours.
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking and is the key to unlocking our collective potential. We also want to ensure our developers reflect our players, so even if you don’t tick all the boxes above but you have a willingness to learn, we're eager to hear how you can contribute. We’re located at Fenix Stockholm, a re-imagined modern office block in the inner city district of Hagastaden.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.