Senior DevOps Engineer (Gov Studio)
We are Unity Government & Defense Studio, an Orlando-based team building custom software for a wide range of industry clients! Our professional services team works across multiple platforms incorporating groundbreaking technologies like Digital Twins, Photogrammetry, Geospatial, XR, and ML & CV.
Our team is looking for a hardworking DevOps engineer to join our growing organization! This role works directly with clients, from the concept and proposal phase, to planning and build, and ultimately to the delivery. As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll play a meaningful role in each phase of your projects. While your focus will be on scalable backend systems building, you’ll also work with engineers to ingest and visualize real world data.
Are you up for the challenge?
What you’ll be doing
- Work with a variety of Public and Government Cloud Providers. Actively maintain security best practices throughout the DevOps lifecycle
- Investigate, architect, plan, and provision medium and large cloud based systems individually or with teammates
- Coordinate closely with developers, designers, artists, producers, project managers, quality assurance, and clients
- Plan roadmaps, estimate tasks, and manage time optimally
- Develop the processes and procedures that will drive each project for delivery consistency. Build and maintain automation for Continuous Integration and Deployment
What we’re looking for
- Understanding of DevOps methodologies with a deep knowledge of containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, and EKS/GKE. Understanding of the Security Processes and Procedures associated with the development and deployment of systems containing sensitive data.
- Professional experience building out CI/CD pipelines and working with Windows, Unix, and Linux based systems. Exposure to multiple cloud vendors and infrastructure as code tools. Experience with Gov Cloud nuances and On-Premises Hardware Solutions like Azure Stack
- Strong interpersonal skills, both in person and via digital means with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to find creative solutions to difficult problems while adhering to mature software development practices such as code reviews and readable code. Ability to break down large problems and to prioritize work.
- U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a US Secret level, or higher, clearance
You might also have
- Understanding of security and compliance as it relates to software infrastructure
- Exposure to scalable solutions and the prospect of large data sets
- Having experience to go “Full Stack” to develop or trace code between application and server
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
This position requires the incumbent to have a sufficient knowledge of English to have professional verbal and written exchanges in this language since the performance of the duties related to this position requires frequent and regular communication with colleagues and partners located worldwide and whose common language is English.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.