Senior DevOps Engineer
About this Role
Fandom is growing! We are hiring new DevOps engineering positions. You can work anywhere in Poland remotely or if you prefer to work hybrid or in the Poznan office. You will report to our TechOps Manager.
You get to investigate, evaluate, and implement new technologies that improve our platform’s performance, resilience and maintainability. You get to build the hybrid multi-cloud infrastructure that scales to 350 million users, 300,000 communities, 4 billion monthly page events and 300,000 databases in one of the highest volume platforms on the internet.
Why Fandom Engineering
- You work at SCALE - 300K databases supporting our wiki communities
- Your code goes to production with mature and fast processes
- The team is supportive and collaborative with experienced engineers
- Solve interesting and difficult problems
- Foundations from Wikipedia and Wikia
- Help build some of the biggest fan platforms on the Internet with 350 million users and over 300,000 communities
- Deliver high quality, scalable, and maintainable infrastructure architecture and services
- Develop technical/architectural vision and goals for the team and the platform infrastructure and optimize it to perform at an absurdly large scale.
- Provide technical leadership for large, important projects that involve coordination of multiple teams and spans multiple technologies and systems
- Help your team find the best processes, systems and services to solve our various business challenges
- Collaborate with team mates and other business stakeholders to share knowledge and inspire others to do great work.
- Provide mentorship to the less experienced engineers on your team
- Coding skills in at least one of our most used languages (Python, Ruby, GoLang, Java)
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure including Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud Platform
- Courage for learning new technologies and stepping out of your comfort zone
- Experience and proactively identify risks and opportunities to improve the organization’s processes and technologies
- Designing and implementing architectural solutions that scale and can succeed long term
- Delivering well-structured, tested, maintainable, scalable and useful infrastructure
- Speaks, reads and writes in English
- Previous experience and/or passion for contributing to open-source projects
- Passion for pop culture (Movies, Games, TV Shows, Anime, etc.)
- Deploying and managing highly-scaled web app infrastructure
- Docker, Kubernetes, multi-cloud infrastructure and CDNs
Benefits & Perks
- Premium private medical and dental healthcare for you and your family - it's fully covered
- Private life insurance - UNUM - includes medical child assistance and general medical assistance in Poland
- Stock options
- Cafeteria Benefit Plan - 160 points every month to spend on Multisport, cinema tickets, or prepaid shopping cards (Allegro, Zalando, IKEA+)
- Copyright %
- MacBook Pro and all the gear you need for work
Fandom is the world’s largest fan platform where fans immerse themselves in imagined worlds across entertainment and gaming. Reaching more than 315 million unique visitors per month and hosting more than 250,000 wikis, Fandom.com is the #1 source for in-depth information on pop culture, gaming, TV and film, where fans learn about and celebrate their favorite fandoms.
Fandom is an equal opportunity employer. Fandom values diversity, and all employment decisions are made on the basis of job requirements and individual qualifications.