Senior DevOps Engineer
About this Role
As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Fandom, you will help us build and evolve the infrastructure on the world’s largest platform for fans, with over 2.5 billion page views and 300 million users a month!
Our Platform underlies some of the biggest fan knowledge bases in the world, including communities built around pop culture phenomena like Star Wars, Minecraft, Marvel Comics, and thousands of others.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you'll work on our goal-oriented and autonomous Technical Operations team focused on delivering the infrastructure that delivers the experience to our various users (casual users, content creators, moderators, administrators).
We are looking for people who are driven by solving business problems on a very large scale. If you're good at solving problems and you enjoy pop culture, there is a big chance you’ll find yourself at home at Fandom!
Why Fandom Engineering
- You work at SCALE - 300K databases supporting our wiki communities
- Your code goes to production with mature and fast processes
- The team is supportive and collaborative with experienced engineers
- Solve interesting and difficult problems
- Foundations from Wikipedia and Wikia
- Help build some of the biggest fan platforms on the Internet with 350 million users and over 300 thousand communities.
- Deliver high quality, scalable, and maintainable infrastructure architecture and services
- Develop technical/architectural vision and goals for the team and the platform infrastructure and optimize it to perform at an absurdly large scale.
- Provide technical leadership for large, important projects that involve coordination of multiple teams and spans multiple technologies and systems
- Help your team find the best processes, systems and services to solve our various business challenges
- Collaborate with team mates and other business stakeholders to share knowledge and inspire others to do great work.
- Provide mentorship to the less experienced engineers on your team
- Demonstrated understanding of public cloud infrastructure including Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud Platform
- An ability to code in at least one of our most used languages (Python, Ruby, GoLang, Java)
- Courage for learning new technologies and stepping out of your comfort zone
- Experience and proactively identify risks and opportunities to improve the organization’s processes and technologies
- A proven track record of designing and implementing architectural solutions that scale and can succeed long term
- Passion for delivering well-structured, tested, maintainable, scalable and useful infrastructure
- Ability to communicate in English
Bonus Points if You Have...
- Previous experience and/or passion for contributing to open-source projects
- Passion for pop culture (Movies, Games, TV Shows, Anime, etc.)
- Experience working with, deploying and managing highly-scaled web app infrastructure
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, multi-cloud infrastructure and CDNs
Benefits & Perks
- MacBook Pro and all the gear you need for work
- Free access to a multitude of popular online courses and books sponsored by the company
- An on-demand budget for education, training, and conferences
- Company stock options
- Company swag packages
- Cafeteria Benefit Program (including private medical care, gym membership, shopping/wellness bonus, etc.)
- VTO (Voluntary Time Off) - a day off every quarter for volunteering non-profit
- Frequent team bonding events
- Flexible work hours & time-off
- Employee Interest and Hobby Groups supported by the company
- Open, energetic and fan-focused, international work environment
Fandom is the world’s largest fan platform where fans immerse themselves in imagined worlds across entertainment and gaming. Reaching more than 315 million unique visitors per month and hosting more than 250,000 wikis, Fandom.com is the #1 source for in-depth information on pop culture, gaming, TV and film, where fans learn about and celebrate their favorite fandoms.
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer