Senior Dialogue Designer
Job Title:Senior Dialogue Designer
We are very open to remote workers for this role! If you reside in one of the 4 countries where SHG currently operates, we can explore remote work arrangements in compliance with local employment laws and our company guidelines.
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, Melbourne, Australia, Toronto, Canada and Guildford, UK – Sledgehammer Games is the videogame development team behind Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare, Call of Duty®: WWII, and Call of Duty®: Vanguard. Since our founding in 2009, our greatest passion has been making AAA games. The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our passionate employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker.
We are constantly evolving and innovating – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With our extraordinary audio, design, engineering, and art teams, we’ve been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love making games and we work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we’re looking for dedicated game developers for our exciting upcoming projects.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it’s like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
Sledgehammer Games is looking for a Senior Dialog Designer to help create a fresh new AAA aural experience for our next project. Candidates should be versed in dialog editing and processing techniques and have a general knowledge of dialog pipelines. You will report to our Dialog Director and help ensure delivery of the highest quality dialog with the use of internally developed proprietary tools.
- Edit, design and process dialog assets for all aspects of our game.
- Collaborate with the Dialog and Narrative Teams, ensuring excellent inter-departmental communication and alignment of goals.
- Interactive and linear dialog design.
- Dialog asset implementation using proprietary tools.
- Apply studio and departmental standard methodologies of dialog workflows and systems.
- Inspire teamwork and collaboration inside and outside the Audio Dept.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various aspects of game dialog.
- Some knowledge of both linear and interactive dialog systems.
- Minimum three years of experience in game audio development.
- Shipped one major title.
- Understanding of PS4/5, XBOX One/Series X, and PC audio functionality, capabilities, and limitations.
- Experience with at least one major digital audio workstations.
- Experience with middleware programs such as Wwise and Fmod.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- College degree preferred.
- Continuing Education Certificate, Professional or advanced degree in programming, audio engineering, or similar preferred.
- FPS/Multi-player experience a plus.
- Audio scripting experience.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world\'s largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.