Senior Director of US Film and Television
Ubisoft Film & Television is hiring a Senior Director of Film and Television. The ideal candidate is an experienced executive with a track record developing and producing commercially successful film and TV, and an understanding of how to create content for a global and multicultural audience. They thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. They have substantial experience not only in the creative aspects of development, production, and post-production, but also in complex and strategic deal discussions.
This position will report to the Head of Ubisoft Film & Television Content based in Los Angeles, CA, USA.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Oversee the development and production of a growing slate of scripted, live-action film and television content based off Ubisoft properties (“Assassin’s Creed,” “Just Dance,”) as well as projects connected to the culture and community of gaming (“Mythic Quest,” “Mere Mortals,”)
- Develop and maintain relationships with talent (writers, producers, directors, actors, authors, filmmakers, etc.), agencies and managers
- Identify, solicit and evaluate new IP and development ideas/concepts/scripts for series and features
- Build relationships with existing financiers/buyers in the marketplace, and provide support on co-financing and co-production deals
Work cross-functionally across the development, finance, production, and business affairs teams to optimize communication and workflow, and support film and television projects
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- At least 2-3 years of executive-level experience in film and/or television at a studio, network, production company or financier, preferably with on-set producing experience
- Familiarity with the deal structures of writer/director/producer/talent agreements, rights deals, and studio / financier positions across film and television, and experience collaborating with business affairs on these negotiations
Remotely within the continental US
The Los Angeles base salary range for this full-time position is $150,000 - $220,000. The base pay offered may vary based on a candidate’s geographic region, qualifications, skills and experience among other factors. Compensation details reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, stock options, or benefits.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution to fully cover your deductible (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and wellness time
- Fitness, physical challenge, and eSports competition reimbursements
- Ginger emotional support app for you and your adult dependents with up to 10 sessions per year of video-based therapy and psychiatry services
- Membership to One Medical
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters.