Senior Editor Tech Programmer (C#) [Snowdrop]
Snowdrop is a powerful game engine that enables Ubisoft content creators to set their creative minds free. Fast and flexible, Snowdrop gives developers innovative tools designed from the ground up for creating the unknown. Snowdrop provides the perfect canvas for game developers to paint the games of the future.
Are you passionate about seamlessly integrating diverse tools and scripts into a cohesive engine workflow? Do you thrive on developing extensible and reusable C# code that bridges the gap between various projects? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our Snowdrop team as a Senior Editor Tech Programmer.
Working in our Editor Tech team, your primary focus will be to integrate and maintain a wide array of tools and scripts into our engine workflow. Your expertise will be crucial in ensuring a smooth collaboration between different tools, making Git and Perforce work seamlessly together, enabling effective communication between C# scripts and engine code, and exposing shared functionalities across multiple tools. This role presents an exciting opportunity to shape the way our tools interact and enhance the overall efficiency of our development process.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you’ll do
- Develop coder tools to improve coder workflows such as code validation and review processes
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate and maintain tools and scripts within the game engine workflow.
- Develop extensible and generic C# code that can be reused across multiple projects
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of NuGet, including packaging, structure, and migration of contents from Perforce to NuGet.
- Facilitate the migration of packages and modules to GitLab, improving the overall workflow and collaboration process.
- Apply your strong debugging skills to analyze and troubleshoot complex code bases, ensuring seamless integration into our workflow.
- Maintain and enhance Sharpmake scripts to optimize workflow and streamline processes.
About Production Technology at Ubisoft
At Ubisoft, there are no limits to creativity. Innovation comes from every corner and our game teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of technology to transform ideas into fantastical worlds. To bolster their efforts, Ubisoft’s Production Technology department is a transversal group that unites more than 400 experts across the company around a mission to develop the best tools and technologies that enable our studios to bring their visions to life. From designing our proprietary game engines and state-of-the-art middleware solutions used by our worldwide developer community, to leveraging the latest machine learning breakthroughs in R&D, Production Technology team members don’t just help Ubisoft creators make games: they work together to pioneer innovations that change the way games are made.
What you’ll bring
We are looking for you who are excited about the prospect of being the driving force behind seamless tool integration and workflow enhancement. We hope you enjoy knowledge sharing, are open to feedback and like to challenge yourself and people around you. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Proficiency in C# programming with a proven track record of developing reusable, modular and customizable code.
- Strong understanding of version control systems such as Git and Perforce, with experience in making them work harmoniously together.
- Familiarity with communication mechanisms between C# scripts and engine code.
- Expertise in debugging complex and distributed code bases to ensure effective integration.
It's a plus if you also have:
- Knowledge of the GitLab workflow, particularly in migrating packages/modules to Git. Experience working with WPF, Blazor Hybrid and MVVM
- Previous experience with Sharpmake scripting
- Experience with NuGet packaging, structure, and migration
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö, Sweden and part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 750 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and Star Wars Outlaws. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
You can also find a summary of the Massive Job Perks here.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.
We appreciate your application as soon as possible. All applications need to be submitted in English and no applications can be sent through email.