Senior / EMEA Legal Counsel
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced lawyer to handle a breadth of legal matters for our expanding and evolving operations in Europe and the Middle East with a particular focus on France, Spain and Turkey, (depending on the appropriate candidate). You will be a member of the International Legal team and advise the business on the legal issues relating to content acquisition and distribution, marketing, events, business development, regulation, employment, and litigation in the region. This is an excellent opportunity to lead legal support for one of Twitch's fast growing regions, build relationships and share knowhow with other Amazon Global Media & Entertainment Legal teams and have fun tackling the complex issues faced by our business, clients and communities.
The ideal candidate will be fluent in French or Spanish (ideally holding legal qualifications in one of those jurisdictions) and be inquisitive, enthusiastic about media, content and technology. In return, you will be offered great opportunities to share and develop your skills in an exciting, high-growth media and technology business which is part of the Amazon Global Media & Entertainment Business.
The role can be based in our London, Paris or Madrid offices and some international travel will be required. The role will report to our Deputy General Counsel, International and will be titled EMEA Legal Counsel or Senior EMEA Counsel, depending on experience.
- Advise Twitch's EMEA Content team on legal issues relating to content acquisition, monetisation & distribution in key EMEA territories including France & Turkey.
- Support the EMEA Business Development team with negotiations and partnerships with telcos, e-sports & traditional sports leagues and teams and other commercial partners.
- Manage legal work for the Marketing and Events teams in the region such as TwitchCon Paris 2023 and Twitch Rivals.
- Advise on corporate expansion and legal risk in Turkey & Middle East.
- Assist Twitch's HR Department with employment related issues and litigation.
- Monitor ongoing developments in legislation and case law relating to a diverse set of laws and regulations.
- Assist in business and compliance projects across the wider International Legal Team and with the broader Amazon Group and other Twitch Legal teams as needed.
- University Degree and legal qualifications in a European jurisdiction with a preference for France or Spain.
- A minimum of 5 years' post qualification experience.
- Fluent French or Spanish speaker.
- A mix of law firm and in-house experience, although we will consider private practice lawyers who have demonstrable client exposure (eg through secondments).
- Experience navigating uncharted waters and working with and influencing all levels of employees and management.
- The ability to function as part of the international legal team and to operate autonomously when needed.
- Media, technology or advertising and/or other regulated industry background
- Arabic or Turkish language skills would be beneficial
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, etc.)
- Lunch Served Four Times a Week
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7656